Thread: Thread size

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thread size

As you may know i have picked up a very cheap RWS Excalibur. Resealed,all good.Made a new probe,all good. pellet on pellet Tested at 20yds, (length of garden),till get down the farm, But the gun does not have a air gauge fitted .now the stock has the hole for a gauge an i have a gauge ,but the thread i have on the gauge is 1/8 bsp (i think that is correct) so i need a step down so it fits the gun, does anyone know the thread size (there is a grub screw in at the moment)its the hole between the bolts holding the stock secure. forgot to say the previous owner claims he broke the gauge ,dont know if he meant the gauge or broke it off the gun, i would suspect the first, Many thanks .
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

The RWS Excalibre never had a gauge to my knowledge, and the stock should not have a hole for one. Mine doesn't have one and I have never missed it. If the gun is working well why introduce a source for leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    The RWS Excalibre never had a gauge to my knowledge, and the stock should not have a hole for one. Mine doesn't have one and I have never missed it. If the gun is working well why introduce a source for leaks?
    Well the source is already there, The grub screw, an maybe it could be a later model with a gauge.

Mine also has the port for a gauge, but no hole in the stock. Could be you have a Webley FX2000 stock on yours.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Mine also has the port for a gauge, but no hole in the stock. Could be you have a Webley FX2000 stock on yours.
    Um, could be,