Thread: Thread size

Thread size

As you may know i have picked up a very cheap RWS Excalibur. Resealed,all good.Made a new probe,all good. pellet on pellet Tested at 20yds, (length of garden),till get down the farm, But the gun does not have a air gauge fitted .now the stock has the hole for a gauge an i have a gauge ,but the thread i have on the gauge is 1/8 bsp (i think that is correct) so i need a step down so it fits the gun, does anyone know the thread size (there is a grub screw in at the moment)its the hole between the bolts holding the stock secure. forgot to say the previous owner claims he broke the gauge ,dont know if he meant the gauge or broke it off the gun, i would suspect the first, Many thanks .
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

The RWS Excalibre never had a gauge to my knowledge, and the stock should not have a hole for one. Mine doesn't have one and I have never missed it. If the gun is working well why introduce a source for leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    The RWS Excalibre never had a gauge to my knowledge, and the stock should not have a hole for one. Mine doesn't have one and I have never missed it. If the gun is working well why introduce a source for leaks?
    Well the source is already there, The grub screw, an maybe it could be a later model with a gauge.

Mine also has the port for a gauge, but no hole in the stock. Could be you have a Webley FX2000 stock on yours.

Mine also has the port for a gauge, but no hole in the stock. Could be you have a Webley FX2000 stock on yours.
    Um, could be,

Many years ago I bought an Excalibre stock from a BBS member and had to drill out a hole for the gauge before I fitted the stock to an FX2000.
    I managed to find a hole cutter exactly the right size, but measured several times before drilling the pilot hole in exactly the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Good luck with it if you go ahead - let us know how you get on.

Good luck with it if you go ahead - let us know how you get on.
    I will do, i have been out today (farm fields) had quite a few pigeon, have heard these guns are a bit air thirsty ,thats why i want a gauge , ok also cause i like playing with stuff.

I can't comment on the available shot count, I only use mine for hunting and it gets topped up after each outing. Very accurate and reliable guns.

One thing to watch out for, assuming yours is the same as mine? The magazine retaining pin is not sprung, and if the gun is being carried muzzle down, the pin can fall forward, and when the bolt handle is operated, or left in the rearward position for safety, the magazine can drop out without you noticing. I lost two this way before making a spring retention system for it, and have never lost a mag since.

I can't comment on the available shot count, I only use mine for hunting and it gets topped up after each outing. Very accurate and reliable guns.

One thing to watch out for, assuming yours is the same as mine? The magazine retaining pin is not sprung, and if the gun is being carried muzzle down, the pin can fall forward, and when the bolt handle is operated, or left in the rearward position for safety, the magazine can drop out without you noticing. I lost two this way before making a spring retention system for it, and have never lost a mag since.
    How did You make the retaining pin, Please. any picts. I have now fitted the air gauge an it looks fine .

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    How did You make the retaining pin, Please. any picts. I have now fitted the air gauge an it looks fine .
    did you figure out the thread size ?

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products...RWS-Excalibre/ B1580 ,,, then https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...essure-gauges/ 1/8th bsp 0-250 bar, The pressure gauge comes with a o-ring (no good for this job) an a steel washer with a rubber insert which works, but i removed it an used (gas) tape. The reason i removed the washer was the gauge was (proud) of the stock, now fits perfect. Go for it.