Thread: Crosman 114

Crosman 114

Hi,
    I have bought a Crosman 114 and I wondered what the experiences are with these? The power adjuster at the rear seems to be a cool feature, and I imagine that the shot count must be quite high.
    I don't have a bulk fill Crosman yet and thought that this would be a nice one to start with.

Last edited by jirushi; 31-07-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Hi,
    I have just ordered a Crosman 114 and I wondered what the experiences are with these? The power adjuster at the rear seems to be a cool feature, and I imagine that the shot count must be quite high.
    I don't have a bulk fill Crosman yet and thought that this would be a nice one to start with.

Those tag numbers look like Dean Fletcher gun? There is a fellow on the Gateway to Airgun forum that loves these rifles and has posted his experience with them. You can look up his posts or post again he usually chimes in. As I remember one of his favorite features was the adjustable gas.

I have a rather tired looking 114 . It works well, is accurate and quite powerful. I'm not so keen on the fat stock with little-tiny-bent metal-trigger-guard, or the bolt-that-flops-side-to-side when it's open. I can't say I've used the power adjuster- might try it next time out. The bent tin rearsight is a bit naff too, but I expect the gun was excellent value when first sold and I have enjoyed getting it to work and shooting with it. On balance ,I think you will like it too

Atb Mark

Thank you 45flint and Mark.
    @ 45flint yes it's from the Airguns of Arizona DT Fletcher sale; I saw this one after reading about your nice acquisition on the American Vintage Airguns forum. Was it a 101? I will have a look on GTA. I remember seeing nice pics from TerryM.

@ Mark it sounds like a good gun. I bought this one without knowing much about it, but I thought it would be a nice addition. The stock looks similar to my 107. I think this isn't the usual elm, but maple.
    Do you find the bulk filling easy? I have never done bulk filling, so it will be good to learn all about it.

Louis, Lawrie has had a few of these, and I think he sold one not so long ago. You can fill it straight from a fire extinguisher as the one eighth BSP male thread will fit the U.S. thread in the rifle. Press down the extinguisher lever and fill her up. I have the old type extinguisher pipes with the correct thread on the end. Think they are now heat welded on the funnel.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 01-08-2020 at 04:21 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I think Baz's is the way to go. As a quick fix when I got the gun I bought some 88 gm threaded capsules and made a connector with 1/8 BSP end and a needle valve . It's fine, but the connector is slightly undersize for the US thread, so I'm very careful not to over- tighten ! As I recall, the end of the reservoir had a (failed) bursting disc which I did not replace . Mine has a maple stock .

Cheers, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Louis, Lawrie has had a few of these, and I think he sold one not so long ago. You can fill it straight from a fire extinguisher as the one eighth BSP male thread will fit the U.S. thread in the rifle. Press down the extinguisher lever and fill her up. I have the old type extinguisher pipes with the correct thread on the end. Think they are now heat welded on the funnel.

Baz
    Thank you very much Baz for your advice. Sorry for my late reply.
    I will try to find an old CO2 fire extinguisher, I think the charity shop around the corner sells a few that are out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    I think Baz's is the way to go. As a quick fix when I got the gun I bought some 88 gm threaded capsules and made a connector with 1/8 BSP end and a needle valve . It's fine, but the connector is slightly undersize for the US thread, so I'm very careful not to over- tighten ! As I recall, the end of the reservoir had a (failed) bursting disc which I did not replace . Mine has a maple stock .

Cheers, Mark
    Thank you Mark. Much appreciated.
    I am looking forward to using the 114. It will take a few months as it is now in California.