Thread: Expensive Webley Pellet Tins.

Expensive Webley Pellet Tins.

Another example of an optimistic price advertised on that internet auction site, in my opinion anyway.

Item No 283951848098

Brian

I saw that the other day Brian and the price made me chuckle too. Wonder how they think they'll get that kind of money!

John

pellets.

I am in agreement with that Brian,some silly prices out there.I was lucky to inherit thousand upon thousand of pellets in recent times and have sold a great number at Birmingham fair etc but nothing like those prices. I am sure there are gents that had a good many bargains out of my stock that appeared on the b at a later date.Its a question of selling some cheap otherwise being stuck with to many.Still got many thousand left.
    Roly.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Another example of an optimistic price advertised on that internet auction site, in my opinion anyway.

Item No 283951848098

Brian
    Blimey! £220.

If these sort of prices were realised across the board, collections held by collectables members would be worth millions.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Stupid prices

I think some people with no knowledge of real prices see the odd vintage tins sell for £40 or so pounds each such as the 40s and 50s Webley full tins and 5.6 Eley Wasps and just think they're all worth the same.

Roughly £100 worth in the listing mentioned at best going on usual prices £15 to £20 or so for the green and white tins in nice condition.
    Theres another ridiculous listing trying to sell Webley. 22 white and orange. 22 tins for £80 each which usually sell for around £20.

I have noticed nice 5.6 full tins of Eley Wasp regularly fetching around £35 each.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Some people live in the land of the Cuckoo.