Thread: Falcon fn lighthunter magazine's

Falcon fn lighthunter magazine's

Hi,
    I have a original falcon lighthunter and trying to source magazine's to fit, I do see the new Falcons use a different magazine fit, although the operating system is still the same.
    Does anyone know if theres a way of converting the magazine, or a update kit to utilize the new magazine in an older rifle cheers

These look promising:

https://smwengineering.co.uk/product...fles-version-2

I haven't tried them myself, but they can't be any worse than the original plastic ones.

The metal ones can be found still but they cost much more.

If you do get these ones, I'd like to know your thoughts on them.

Del

Quote Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
    Hi,
    I have a original falcon lighthunter and trying to source magazine's to fit, I do see the new Falcons use a different magazine fit, although the operating system is still the same.
    Does anyone know if theres a way of converting the magazine, or a update kit to utilize the new magazine in an older rifle cheers
    The new magazines work in the older falcons the od tine you have to readjust the indexing cog but its easy put the mag in close the bolt and if it hasn't turns losing the small Allen keys that's around the indexing cog push it into place then nip them back up nut most of them will work first time

Hi Del,
    Thanks for the info on the mags, if gone ahead and ordered a couple, like you say be any worse than the old ones, I'll let you know what thay like.
    The new ones are self indexing, so the rotating spiggot needed to turn the old mags is redundant.
    Cheers