Thread: feinwerkbau sport 127 mk2 piston seal replacement

feinwerkbau sport 127 mk2 piston seal replacement

I am after a piston seal for feinwerkbau sport 127 mk2 but john nibs and chambers are all out of stock does any one know were i could get one or
    i have heard a bsa supersport seal fits , not sure how true or if it will work if anyone has any ideas or if another seal would work that would be great
    thanks .

I believe the Supersport piston seal will fit,but needs turning down slightly to fit the FWB cylinder.

fwb sport

a bsa seal does fit,after resizing a little,try here http://proteksupplies.co.uk/misc-parts.html

feinwerkbau sport 127 mk2 piston seal replacement

The supersport seal is 2mm too big from memory when i tried one on the cylinder of my 124, mine ran great on the maccarri mongoose seal already fitted, just tried the supersport seal to check fit. So I'd recommend the maccari,

V-mach do a piston seal for the fwb sport.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    The supersport seal is 2mm too big from memory when i tried one on the cylinder of my 124, mine ran great on the maccarri mongoose seal already fitted, just tried the supersport seal to check fit. So I'd recommend the maccari,
    1mm

Quite handy on the looser tubed sports, but it will of course always need sizing. Macarri seals are good, but I had one sport where the tube was just too big for it (new seal) - fitting a sized BSA seal transformed the rife.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

: feinwerkbau sport 127 mk2 piston seal replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    1mm

Quite handy on the looser tubed sports, but it will of course always need sizing. Macarri seals are good, but I had one sport where the tube was just too big for it (new seal) - fitting a sized BSA seal transformed the rifle.
    I bow to your experience there, but the bsa seal is a push fit into a recess & the fwb is screwed on through a central hole as far as i remember,so not as straightforward as fitting a direct replacement for the unexperienced.

Terry Robb used to offer seals for FWBs. Maybe he still does?

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    I bow to your experience there, but the bsa seal is a push fit into a recess & the fwb is screwed on through a central hole as far as i remember,so not as straightforward as fitting a direct replacement for the unexperienced.
    they are the same fitment mate... no mods required... FWB isn't screwed in.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Feinwerkbau sport 127 mk2 piston seal replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    they are the same fitment mate... no mods required... FWB isn't screwed in.
    My memory ain't what it used to be... in mitigation I have only had one to bits to check it did indeed have said maccarri kit in & that was over ten years ago...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I believe the Supersport piston seal will fit,but needs turning down slightly to fit the FWB cylinder.
    Hi thanks for the reply is it the same length or will that not make to much of a problem .
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cynergy001 View Post
    Hi thanks for the reply is it the same length or will that not make to much of a problem .
    thanks
    Length I think is similar enough that it will not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Length I think is similar enough that it will not be a problem.
    yup.. within a mil