Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX200HC Stripdown

TX200HC Stripdown

Can anyone recommend a good magazine articles - Airgun Shooter / Airgun World / Airgunner to strip and tune the rifle?

I can certainly recommend Airgun World as my favourite airgun magazine. However, as regards a strip down article on the TX, I'm not in the know as to when this may have been presented.

However, great news......The TX is, very possibly, THE easiest rifle to work on, period. There are lots of text and video tutorials on-line. Have a look at a few to get a general idea. And be sure to shout up on here for any further advice / queries.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

My notes tell me the strip was covered in Air Gunner Jan 2012 and June/July 2016.
    Cheers, Phil

Thank you guys! I have the editions on a digital web app, “Readly”. Have looked at a few videos too.

There’s nothing to it mate. Just done mine, post any questions here. Main thing is, don’t loose the cocking shoe when you remove the compression tube
    And day by day and dauntingly, Our anger does increase. While you ruin us through ignorance,
    How can we keep our peace?

Thank you!

As said, probably the easiest to take apart and put back again.

As for tuning - well that’s another topic entirely, but they don’t need much.

Tinbum has a YouTube video showing disassembly and reassembly, extremely easy

YouTube is usually your best bet, but they are ridiculously easy to strip as others have said, hardly any preload on the spring so you shouldn't need a spring compressor.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Tinbum has some good strip down guides on YouTube
    Pete

Many thanks for all the advice. In the end, I contacted Air Arms and spoke to a great chap in servicing. I’ve sent the action to him to have a look at as the rifle is still under warranty. Said I wanted it around 11.3ft/lbs with Air Arms Field. He recommended AA Field 5.52 for .22 - said they were the best for the barrels. Previously I have been using JSB “Jumbos” in 5.53 IIRC - I know they are very similar pellets. Also mentioned the twang - he said grease was one of the things that mitigates spring noise / twang.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    A properly fitted spring guide stops twang. Grease is a lubricant. Sticking a dollop of it onto a poorly fitting guide is not a solution
    Pete

if you want to service it in future I covered it in AGW, if you google Pete Evans TX home service, you will find the pressreader copy.
    As others have said, nice and straight forward, and AirArms sell all the parts you need together in a cardboard tube!

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    if you want to service it in future I covered it in AGW, if you google Pete Evans TX home service, you will find the pressreader copy.
    As others have said, nice and straight forward, and AirArms sell all the parts you need together in a cardboard tube!
    Thank you!

A little update: got the rifle back from AA and a quick test shot shows the firing cycle as sweet as it was when I bought it. Many thanks to AA for the quick turnaround. Will test accuracy etc at some point when the weather clears up. Also bought a couple of tins of 5.52 Air Arms Field which I'll be using.