Thread: Licence free, What is an air rifle, What is a pistol?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    For FAC ....
    Please, can we leave out laws which relate to powder burners in this airgun forum.

It seems that's not easy to do.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    Please, can we leave out laws which relate to powder burners in this airgun forum.

The reason I mentioned it is becouse I believe it also apples to sub legal limit, I Beleve the drozd air pistol was subject to this law, the drozd air pistol, is a co2 pistol that can have a shoulder stock and longer barrel fitted to it to make a carbine rifle but it canot go over 6 foot pounds (in the uk only, there are those who modify these guns in other parts of the world, but those in the uk who have modified pistols in to rifles have no idea of the trouble they are getting into.)

By the way a lot of the powder burner laws also cover air guns because the law classes air guns as fire arms and the police and press class all guns as weapons.
    Last edited by airgunnut; 04-08-2020 at 10:47 PM.
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post

My FAC Rapid is not a powder burner

Almost forgot, powder burners burn chemicals which produce high temperature, high pressure gasses that propell the projectile, so technically all powder burners are air guns.
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php