Thread: Vortex Venom Red Dot Top Load 3 MOA Reflex Sight

Vortex Venom Red Dot Top Load 3 MOA Reflex Sight

Afternoon all. Had to re-register as I've been absent for a couple of years(ish). Just wondering if anyone has tried the above sight. I've dusted off my Brocock Atomic .177, that currently wears an old Hawke reflex, but I was never really happy with the adjustment setup on it. So i'm looking to replace with a better, but not extortionately priced unit.

Hi, I have one mounted on the Weihrauch HW44 and it's performed very well.

It's well made, easy to mount and sits very low on the gun. The adjustment is great, although I find the auto brightness mode always seems to get it wrong so I do it manually, not a big deal.

It's easy to adjust and keeps zero no problems at all.

It comes with a bullet proof warranty and good customer service so to be honest I would just buy it!

Cheers

Lewis
    Last edited by LewisYorks; 06-08-2020 at 10:58 PM.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have the Hawke Reflex dot on my Glock (5moa?) and it works fine, had it on a rifle before that.
    I wanted something a little more precise for my .22 so spent ages looking for a Vortex Venom, but there were none around. In one shoo I found this Geco open reflex with a 2 moa dot. It is tiny and the dot is fantastic, best of all was the price, just €180
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    God rest ye jelly mental men

SensiSi,

As an aside, most of the higher end reflex sights are designed to natively fit Picatinny rails, rather than the 11mm dovetails common on air rifles/pistols.

For a lost less than the £250+ the Vortex Venom costs, I have used the below sight on my HW45 for many months, with no complaints (it is a 3 MOA dot) :

https://premium-quality-air-rifle-ac...tor-p198636872

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    SensiSi,

As an aside, most of the higher end reflex sights are designed to natively fit Picatinny rails, rather than the 11mm dovetails common on air rifles/pistols.

For a lost less than the £250+ the Vortex Venom costs, I have used the below sight on my HW45 for many months, with no complaints (it is a 3 MOA dot) :

https://premium-quality-air-rifle-ac...tor-p198636872

Best regards

Russ
    Link doesn't work as they report closed for hols
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Link doesn't work as they report closed for hols
    Im guessing it's this one

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/vector-optics-spirit-1x25

Hello to All,

Yup - that is the sight.

Obviously it is not up to the 'your life depends on it' level of roughy-toughyness of the Vortex, but seems to have survived the HW45

Best regards

Russ

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    They are excellent sights, buy them once and keep them for life.

The dot is small so does not cover the target as easy as some, they hold zero for literally years at a time, the auto function is good, but I always adjust the dot power down manually as I like it small and faint, and I've never replaced the batteries in four years, although they don't get a lot of shooting time TBH:

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Got the Vortex Venom 3moa arriving next week sometime. The Atomic isn't holding pressure, and to send it to Brocock for a service is approx £240 inc shipping. So, I have a new Weihrauch HW44 .177 sitting next to me in anticipation. Currently it's wearing my old Hawke reflex sight. Only used it once since getting it on Thursday @10yds, seriously impressed. Anyone able to recommend an Atomic seal change tutorial for dummies? I'd really like to get it back up & running.

SensiSi,

Can I ask where you got your 3 MOA Vortex Venom from ?

A while back, I couldn't find any - went with a pair of Holosun HE510s in the end.

Best regards

Russ

SensiSi,

Can I ask where you got your 3 MOA Vortex Venom from ?

A while back, I couldn't find any - went with a pair of Holosun HE510s in the end.

Best regards

Russ
    Here's the link Russ. Price has increased, but the delivery has dropped, works out about £5 more than I paid all in. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SensiSi,

Many thanks

Oddly, I got my Holosun's via Amazon.co.uk - worked out less expensive than buying direct from Holosun !

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

SensiSi,

Many thanks

Oddly, I got my Holosun's via Amazon.co.uk - worked out less expensive than buying direct from Holosun !

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    Had a play with the HW44 and my old Hawke. Only have an indoor 10yd range to shoot on, but a good time was had. Made up a forend riser out of a acrylic block, and an old Picatinny mount, not perfect, but works a treat. Hope to have the new sight at the end of the week. Dot is 1moa smaller than the Hawke, and it should be optically superior.

Quote Originally Posted by SensiSi View Post
    Here's the link Russ. Price has increased, but the delivery has dropped, works out about £5 more than I paid all in. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Not cheap but probably last a lifetime
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177