Thread: Venomega Hunter Valuation

Venomega Hunter Valuation

Evening folks,

I have a .177 Venomega Hunter from 1986 which is in very good condition and could do with a valuation. I can't post photos. It's early so it is stage 1 tuned so it's not the smoothest shooting rifle compared with other offerings.

I'm not one for having guns for the sake of it and like to use them to hunt preferring the later Venom influenced Webleys.

It has been stripped down and reassembled, to change the piston seal to the later seal and look inside on acquiring otherwise it's 100% original with venom stickers on the mod and cylinder , correct stock etc and even the original tar gunk inside has been left as is.

This isn't a sales thread. If I decide to sell I'd just like to know what price to ask.

I'm aware these are particularly rare with very few made.

Cheers
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

This kind of thread really needs pics... investigate a free pic host like Imgur or ask for help.

Every smartphone has a good camera on it these days so there's not the sort of excuse there used to be!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Does it look like this one?

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...d-aaeb00de5fb6

Really hard to value.

Mach1.5 will doubtless have a good opinion.

Mine is that not long ago, this would go for around £450. But values on Venom stuff seem to have increased a lot recently. £600? More?

Venom

Thats the exact one. I'd post pics but don't like that you can't post them direct to the forum and have to use third parties.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brano View Post
    Thats the exact one. I'd post pics but don't like that you can't post them direct to the forum and have to use third parties.
    If you email them to me I'll host them, and unless you object, put them in my gallery if they're good enough.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Venomega

The Venom version doesn't command the price of the HW customs. No lazaglide on these but people forget that sometimes the stage 1 tune can shoot like a lazaglide.Saying that it's a rare beast and yes I own the TH version. Value wise? Well, you know how much you paid at auction so add a little. The market is a very strange place at the moment if selling!! Mach 1.5

Red face Venomega

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    The Venom version doesn't command the price of the HW customs. No lazaglide on these but people forget that sometimes the stage 1 tune can shoot like a lazaglide.Saying that it's a rare beast and yes I own the TH version. Value wise? Well, you know how much you paid at auction so add a little. The market is a very strange place at the moment if selling!! Mach 1.5
    Hi Paul,

Yes I'd agree it is strange at the moment for some reason.
    I've a feeling it would go for a bit more than it cost myself due to the rarity and condition. I chose not to update the innards other than the piston seal so I'm sure a proper fettle will smooth it out.

Red face Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    If you email them to me I'll host them, and unless you object, put them in my gallery if they're good enough.

I've PMd you

Quote Originally Posted by Brano View Post
    I've PMd you
    Email sent.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

venomega

£400-600

Webley

Yep I'd go with Sploshs top value. £600 maybe more on a good day. Mach 1.5

Be great to see some photos of this gun, and .177 as well.