Thread: how long can i store pcps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

how long can i store pcps

how long can i store a few of the above away for a couple of years filled with ,air one is regged one isnt will they need a service when i get them out

Un regged should be fine. I'm pretty sure regged guns need to be used pretty often, but I could be wrong
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I would say they should be the same --but things might start to seize if left for donkeys how long you thinking? could you not get a trusty fellow shooter to store them and give them a go now and again

PCP's are best stored full or the O rings deteriorate as for length that is anyone's guess
    when i stored my FX verimator striped down in it's case i had to change the O rings yearly after i switched to it being stored set up they have lasted
    Cheers Lloyd

ok many thanks chaps

PCP Storage

I have had a problem with my Weihrauch HW110 losing power as it has been stored for several months during lockdown. I stored it fully charged but Hull Cartridge tell me I should have stored it empty which seems to go against all advice for PCPs. I have Theoben, BSA, Daystate and others, always stored with air in them which have never given any problems.

Cheers, Phil
    THE BRAIN CANNOT ASSIMILATE WHAT THE POSTERIA CANNOT TOLERATE

thanks for that phil

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreler View Post
    I have had a problem with my Weihrauch HW110 losing power as it has been stored for several months during lockdown. I stored it fully charged but Hull Cartridge tell me I should have stored it empty which seems to go against all advice for PCPs. I have Theoben, BSA, Daystate and others, always stored with air in them which have never given any problems.

Cheers, Phil
    I bet if you had stored it empty they would of said you should of stored it fully charged!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

yes more than likely one says one thing another says something different