Thread: Rapid 7

Rapid 7

Hi again just been to look at 2 rapid 7s at my local shop. One is regulated and other isn’t and one is 12 shot other is 7. Does the regulator make much difference on these guns and also is there anything to look out for thanks again

It would take a book to fully explain.

Mag's are mix & match, originally the mk1 was 7 shot with no reg, but 12shot mags will fit mk1's,
    mk2, mfr, ttr etc all reg'd, but people add & remove bits
    stock shape is a better guide as is what's actually written on the side's, trigger type, block shape........

The 12 and7 shot must be .22, personally I’d get the one with a reg. How much are they in the shop. Atb mick

645 regulated with 12 shot mag

some pics would of been good but there are lots of things to look out for but the most important parts are the internals
    so you would have to take it apart to see,and the only way to tell if gun is working ok with reg is shoot some strings over chrono
    and look at the shot variation,ask the shop if they could do that in house and give you a print out.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradus View Post
    645 regulated with 12 shot mag
    if it's in good nick that's not a bad price.

Personally I have a pair of unregulated Rapids, as the shot count doesn't bother me, and it's one less thing to go wrong, but both are good options. If you want loads of shots, then get the regulated.

My unregulated .177 will do 120+ shots with a 280cc bottle, 180+ with a 400cc, regulated will do 50% more, possibly even 100% more depending of fill pressure of the the buddy bottle. 22 will do 20% more.

I have never needed more than a two- or exceptionally three-dozen shots when out hunting, and never more than 50 or so when shooting the gun at the club - PCPs are too boring for that
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    some pics would of been good but there are lots of things to look out for but the most important parts are the internals
    so you would have to take it apart to see,and the only way to tell if gun is working ok with reg is shoot some strings over chrono
    and look at the shot variation,ask the shop if they could do that in house and give you a print out.
    yeah, shot to shot and power curve. you don't need to chrono every pellet.. do the first 10, then every 10th shot. chrono at irregular intervals to make sure the reg isn't leaking thru
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

ive had regged rapids and un regged bothe nice guns

In short mine regged was quieter and more shots,