Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airgun Registration?

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!

Thread drift warning

Yes the usual media would do something like that.

Has the new(ish) massive clickbait-based kind of interweb media de-sensitised 'the man on the Clapham omnibus' to that sort of thing -

or made him more sensitive to it?
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    Yes the usual media would do something like that.

Has the new(ish) massive clickbait-based kind of interweb media de-sensitised 'the man on the Clapham omnibus' to that sort of thing -

or made him more sensitive to it?
    Or maybe reaching more People via social media than it did before social media .

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    Hi guys.

There's a strong rumour going around that there will be an airgun registration process here In the UK as there Is In Scotland sometime In the near future. And I was just wondering how this would work. Would It be a case of just filling In a form to let the relevant authority know what airguns a person owns, or would It be like an FAC where you need witnesses for ownership?

Thoughts please lads ��
    It was a stupid and useless exercise in Scotland. Impractical and useless for here. Why would anyone go there?

Why are peope thinking up things to do when they aren't needed? How about simplifying stuff? Now that would be worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    It was a stupid and useless exercise in Scotland. Impractical and useless for here. Why would anyone go there?

Why are peope thinking up things to do when they aren't needed? How about simplifying stuff? Now that would be worth doing.
    If it looks like it will get votes then it may be looked at.

Public safety is big on some voters minds .

The media telling facts with little to no research that are more often than not tarted up by the likes of the GCN will get the voters attention.

Then there is the cats protection and others that jump on the band wagon .

When it comes to it there is more that will welcome it than those who oppose it.

The politicians just need to decide if it's what they think will bring in votes .

Or like what happened here . The justice minister had his own Agenda and listened to no one.

I don't think it will happen.

This rumour seems to come round every few months or so, usually with little or no supporting evidence.

I am old enough to remember lots of people thirty years ago winding themselves up that the introduction of the EU Single Market in 1992 would include the German 7.5 joule power limit.

I’m not saying it couldn’t happen, and certainly not that there aren’t pressure groups, media and MPs who’d be in favour of it. But I really don’t think that there’s a secret plot by our reptilian overlords and their metropolitan liberal stooges to licence airguns any time soon.

^ agreed!

Its idiots like this that may sway the public and ask for it to be brought in . .

He then responded by brandishing a Milbro air rifle and aiming it in the family’s direction, which included a couple, their son and four-year-old granddaughter. Swindon Crown Court heard how New pointed the gun and said: ‘I’ll shoot you all. Come on, I’ve got a gun – I’ll shoot the lot of you.’

New then reappeared at the window with a knife and shouted: ‘I’ll slice you up’, the court heard. The ordeal left the woman upset and the young girl shaking in fear that the defendant was going to ‘shoot Nanny’.

Although the rifle then tums into a an imitation firearm

Mr James also pointed out that he had only one previous conviction for disorderly behaviour and had never been to prison before, while the probation service deemed New to be a low risk of reconviction.

He said: ‘This is a rather stupid offence to commit in these circumstances but because it involved an imitation firearm, of course, it is serious and I can’t pretend otherwise.’ New admitted possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence and was sentenced to 10 months in jail.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/27/man-t...il?ito=cbshare

Perhaps like drone registration

Perhaps they would introduce a scheme like the drone registration scheme. A 30 minute web training session followed by a multichoice questionnaire which needed an 80% pass rate. Not to onerous for anyone and a decent reminder of the do's and don'ts.

I hope that it does not happen the amount of gun cabinets I would need would see me selling half of my thirty odd collection

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    I hope that it does not happen the amount of gun cabinets I would need would see me selling half of my thirty odd collection
    We don't need a cabinet for airguns here and we have a airgun certificate scheme .

I only have a cabinet as I have a .22lr and shotgun and there is space for my airgun in there .

if I had no cabinet I would just follow the safe storage rules in this

https://assets.publishing.service.go...-to-safety.pdf