Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
So it seems that the LM2 grease Tac advised is working.

This is the patch that came out my daughters 36cal pistol 4 days after the last clean after a day of shooting it. With my old cleaning system, the patch would have showed brown rust in the oil after this length of time. As you can see, nothing but grease now.

https://ibb.co/hsPyf6j

I did make one change to the cleaning process last Sunday though, and that was to blast an air line up and down the bore after washing. In all honesty, this may well have gone quite a long way to helping as I'm sure it would have dried the barrel out better than patches? I don't have a water trap on the air line, but it doesn't seem to have mattered on this occasion.

I was trying to keep away from compressed air as it's nice to be able to clean without the use of large tools, but needs must some times! I guess it doesn't really matter, as I very much doubt I'll ever need to 'field clean' any of my guns, always workshop cleaning at home! Plus I've taken to using my ultra sonic cleaner for my stainless revolver anyway, so what the hell, power tools here we come !!!

I know we 'butt heads' Tac, but thanks for the help on LM2 grease.
Thanks where thanks is due
glad you sorted it but...
if it was me i would clean and dry with compressed air then re-oil the old way and see what was the culprit.....