Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Sport pretty much a TX ?

Pro Sport pretty much a TX ?

Gents ,

Do any of you use and own both the Pro- Sport & TX 200 and if so which calibre ?

I’m curious about the TX 200 in both standard and HC in both calibre's, but as I recently bought two really nice Pro Sports that are getting a lot of shooting time at the moment, especially the .177 I’m wondering about the similarities of the PS & TX or not ?

I keeping reading great things about the TX and as I’m smitten with the Pro-Sports would I just be almost buying the same gun save for the cocking levers or are there any subtle differences to make it worthwhile ?

Really I’m saying there’s no point buying the same rifle in different clothes .

Any thoughts plse.
    Last edited by Steve Zodiac; 05-08-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    same powerplant, but the balance is quite different, and in use, the differing cocking arrangements make them very different rifles.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    My personal experience is that the pro-sport is less forgiving.
    Over many years, from owning a mk1 Tx from new is that the TX just seems to point and shoot very accurately. In the meantime I bought a couple of Pro-sports and I simply could not get any accuracy or consistency from them. Nothing wrong with them, just me. They don't suit me as much as a TX.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

I don't like the cocking lever on the p/s. atb mick

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Pro Sport has better balance and personally, I find it easier to shoot than my TX. I think this "hold sensitivity" thing is more about which gun suits the particular shooter. They both shoot very well, it's just that I find the PS easier to deal with, possibly because the weight sits further back.

Cocking system on TX is better than a crappy M5 cap head screw sideloaded as per the Pro Sport system: keep it tight and use threadlock!

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Pro Sport has better balance and personally, I find it easier to shoot than my TX. I think this "hold sensitivity" thing is more about which gun suits the particular shooter. They both shoot very well, it's just that I find the PS easier to deal with, possibly because the weight sits further back.

Cocking system on TX is better than a crappy M5 cap head screw sideloaded as per the Pro Sport system: keep it tight and use threadlock!

Quite right about the M5 screw this is something AA should have improved on the PS long ago.

Hi Steve ,
    I own both , a TX200 Hc in .22 and a Pro sport in .177 .
    Both of these rifles are about 4 yrs old so I assume they are the latest incarnation .
    I like both rifles , the Pro sport being one of the best rifles I have seen , however I get on best with the TX200 , it may be Me , but I find the Pro sport more hold sensitive , I would like to try a Pro sport in .22 to see if there is any difference 😀 but as others have said , they get different results with different rifles .
    Slight thread drift ( I don’t hunt ) but My go to target springer is an HW80 in .22 very accurate and pellet on pellet and totally standard .
    What I would say Steve is try a TX200 and see how You get on .

Kind regards

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    I don't like the cocking lever on the p/s. atb mick

Hated mine so much i sold it within months of having it.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Depends what shooting your doing,

If your a hunter then the pro sport is up there with the best.

Maybe THE best hunting springer.

But if you just want to blast a tin of pellets out then the TX200 is probably a bit better.

That’s not to say you can’t shoot a tin of pellets with the PS because I have.
    Master Debater

Interesting ...

Many differing opinions but it sounds as though reasonable differences between the two exists to create a mental excuse , not that I need much convincing to buy another springer anyway.

I’m wondering if the TX is maybe a bit 77K ish ? I only ask as I have one and enjoy shooting it.

Might stick my neck out and look for a nice HC, I don’t hunt anymore after I lost my permission many years ago following a m-cycle accident and long lay off , still think I’d enjoy one though on my home range.

I don’t think I’d even held a ProSport before buying mine , well maybe once many many years ago at Manchester airguns. If a TX is as good , a bit better , or even falls a tad short think I’d probably still like it.

Thinking hat on, and more YouTube .

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    [/B]

Hated mine so much i sold it within months of having it.
    You won’t go to springer heaven ..

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Depends what shooting your doing,

If your a hunter then the pro sport is up there with the best.

Maybe THE best hunting springer.

But if you just want to blast a tin of pellets out then the TX200 is probably a bit better.

That’s not to say you can’t shoot a tin of pellets with the PS because I have.

I hunt grapes in the garden if that counts ?

Just bought a load of JSB Exacts Express 7.87g 4.52 the P/S loves eating them , nothing escapes .

had a few pro sports but sold them heavy old thing they are

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Quite right about the M5 screw this is something AA should have improved on the PS long ago.
    Is that the one where the cocking lever rod meets the shoe ?

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    had a few pro sports but sold them heavy old thing they are
    A Hail Mary for each one you sold .

Did you hope you’d find a nice light one if you kept buying them ?