Thread: Pro Sport pretty much a TX ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Pro Sport has better balance and personally, I find it easier to shoot than my TX. I think this "hold sensitivity" thing is more about which gun suits the particular shooter. They both shoot very well, it's just that I find the PS easier to deal with, possibly because the weight sits further back.

Cocking system on TX is better than a crappy M5 cap head screw sideloaded as per the Pro Sport system: keep it tight and use threadlock!

Quite right about the M5 screw this is something AA should have improved on the PS long ago.

Hi Steve ,
    I own both , a TX200 Hc in .22 and a Pro sport in .177 .
    Both of these rifles are about 4 yrs old so I assume they are the latest incarnation .
    I like both rifles , the Pro sport being one of the best rifles I have seen , however I get on best with the TX200 , it may be Me , but I find the Pro sport more hold sensitive , I would like to try a Pro sport in .22 to see if there is any difference 😀 but as others have said , they get different results with different rifles .
    Slight thread drift ( I don’t hunt ) but My go to target springer is an HW80 in .22 very accurate and pellet on pellet and totally standard .
    What I would say Steve is try a TX200 and see how You get on .

Kind regards

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Quite right about the M5 screw this is something AA should have improved on the PS long ago.
    Is that the one where the cocking lever rod meets the shoe ?