Thread: Air arms s510 R in .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkCharlie View Post
    I have one of these on my radar at the moment as I'm returning to the hobby.
    s410 or s510....what are the differences and should I save a few quid or spend a bit more ?
    I've had many S400,s , 410,s and 510,s over the years and imo the side lever cocking of the 510 is a big improvement over the bolt on a 410

Best of the lot for me ,as I mainly hunt ,is a S510 Ultimate Sporter action dropped into a standard S400 series stock.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I've had many S400,s , 410,s and 510,s over the years and imo the side lever cocking of the 510 is a big improvement over the bolt on a 410

Best of the lot for me ,as I mainly hunt ,is a S510 Ultimate Sporter action dropped into a standard S400 series stock.
    I’ve had a 410 for many years and love the thing. Super accurate and holds the air charge for months with no leakage. I agree that the trigger safety is god awful. I ended up taking it off when it started putting itself on at awkward moments. The bolt cocking is ok but having used the 510 side loading that’s the way i’d go if I was buying now.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Excellent reviews from Col and Ade and lots of glowing reports to back these up.

I'm not a PCP aficionado, although I do own a S410 Carbine that I was given three years ago. In that time it's only had very brief sessions just to ensure all is okay. Which it is.

Although not a PCP devotee I have read that much about the Air Arms PCPs from so many sources that, if I were to purchase one, I'm pretty sure it would be an Air Arms and, most possibly, a 500 model giving me the sidelever. Multi-shot capability not required due to me not hunting these days.

My only reservations would be the skinny looking barrel, maybe seemingly not as solid barrel mounting as some and the flimsy look of the figure-of-eight barrel band. But I'm going to guess that these are actually a non-issue, taking into account how many thousands have been sold over the years and the massive following they have amassed?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

lovely guns the 410s,but my pcp days are over