Thread: HW 77, ball park figure

HW 77, ball park figure

let me first set the scenario, i have a couple of airguns an also access to another hw100 carbine of which i can borrow anytime ,(the other lad fell out of love with it) but it makes the perfect gun for my grandson (12years of age)who has permission to accompany me on the farm, (yes he is a lucky chap) Now the Grandson has been given a HW77 from an uncle, which is a bit too much for him,. My thinking is get the HW77 up for sale an see if i can buy the 100. so i have no idea what a hw77 is worth in say average condition ,any help appreciated .
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    let me first set the scenario, i have a couple of airguns an also access to another hw100 carbine of which i can borrow anytime ,(the other lad fell out of love with it) but it makes the perfect gun for my grandson (12years of age)who has permission to accompany me on the farm, (yes he is a lucky chap) Now the Grandson has been given a HW77 from an uncle, which is a bit too much for him,. My thinking is get the HW77 up for sale an see if i can buy the 100. so i have no idea what a hw77 is worth in say average condition ,any help appreciated .
    Bit hard to value, more info and pics , for me the value would be in a early mk2 version, Mk1 would also be very sort after , serial number if age not known would get a better valuation , Also what cal, and if a k version or full length, If it's a early one I would put it aside and wait till the lad gets a bit bigger, They are one of the best airguns you can get,

Agree with Madcarlos.

Thanks for the info lads, i am picking it up Tomorrow evening so will have much more idea which it is ect, willmpost more then, thanks again .

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Thanks for the info lads, i am picking it up Tomorrow evening so will have much more idea which it is ect, willmpost more then, thanks again .
    Ok bud no probs ,

ok,a little bit more info. HW77K in .22 flavor,serial no 1490351 . stock a few marks an a little chip on the bottom of the cheek piece.metal/bluing seems to be very good .

Just after the change to 26 mm compression chamber dia. methinks. Matters to some but easy to check by opening breech to see if the tube wall kisses the edge of breech seal bore. If so it's 25 mm. The 26 mm tube has clearance.

i had a very early one wish i still had it

Nobody has mentioned an actual likely value yet, which is what you asked for.

With the info given, and assuming a decent condition, non-modified example without a scope, I'd suggest a bottom end of perhaps £175, up to maybe £225 on a good day, or with a usable, lowish spec scope.

If you're being modest with the described condition, or with a better scope, perhaps nudge that up to £250-£300 at a push, esp if it happened to be a late 25mm version. (obviously any fitted scope could turn it to be a separate value on its own if it happened to be something high end rather than just your average muddling 3-9x40 nikko or hawke).

Beyond that is likely to be optimistic unless it turned out to be something a bit more special.

Just my opinion and based on what I've paid for my HW stuff in the relatively recent past and keeping an eye on the ads. As always it'll depend on who's after one at the time and what they're prepared to pay.; as an example of wide variation I bought one for £225 a while ago with good metalwork and a usable basic scope but a less than perfect stock. A little while after I was offered a nearly new 77k laminate with some very thorough internal mods and a decent scope for £500 that I would happily have bought but for lack of cash flow at the time, but that was far from standard spec.
    Last edited by Taz72; 09-08-2020 at 08:57 AM.