Thread: karoo

karoo

Hi all
    New to this forum, from the Little Karoo situated in the Western Cape South Africa. As a result of being bored to death as a result of Covid 19 and having being involved with firearms all my life decided to look for a small project to spend some time on. Years ago I had a Falk 80 but they are like hen's teeth out here and decided to investigate the BSA airsporter. I found one and serial number is
    EA 15110 which means its the BSA Airsporter/Club Mk1. It cost me in at today's exchange rate 45.00 pounds. Overall the condition is excellent with no pitting at all, the blue is, in fact, a light coating of rust. there is no markings at all indicating BSA except on the stock and that is barely visible from repeated sanding. At this stage, it is completely stripped and all components are shiny bright waiting for the old rust bluing process as done many years ago when time and money were not so important. I have bought a chunk of American Black Walnut which will replace the 3 piece packing case stock which is cracked in 3 places. I have done a number of similar projects in the past and will post some pictures in the future.
    Rifles and airguns to me are not a problem but navigating around a computer is like being at sea to me, I will just have to learn.
    I sent an email to your admin asking for help on how to use this forum but got no reply. How do you post pictures? can someone help?
    all of you stay safe
    Karoo

karoo

Good luck with it, be good to see picture when it's done, try to take some before pics too.

Hi karoo, I spent 22 years in PE, love the klein karoo, great place to live especially if you have breathing problems. The Garden Route was my sales territory and often had a plink with pistols on my trips. Had dozens of firearms in R.S.A. but in U.K. into all the airgun types. You need to join up with a picture hosting site such as imgur to upload pics. I will send you a PM with my email address for info.
    Here is pic of my favourite diving spot I put on imgur.. do you recognise it ?

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 07-08-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hi Karoo, welcome to the forum. Been there, eaten the residents. I go to South Africa most years, my brother lives in Stellenbosch. Last year I was up at the observatories at Sutherland. I also worked in Mossel Bai for a while.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    So you got an airsporter club for less than £50, and you live in all that beautiful scenery. Welcome, but expect some jealousy
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    So you got an airsporter club for less than £50, and you live in all that beautiful scenery. Welcome, but expect some jealousy
    Im making the voodoo doll as we speak !

Welcome aboard - especially to this, the Gentlemans Section.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thumbs up

Ho Karoo

My next door neighbour hails from South Africa!!

Sounds like you dropped on a bargain there!

Here's my packing case stock on my fave mk1

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by karoo View Post
    I sent an email to your admin asking for help on how to use this forum but got no reply. How do you post pictures? can someone help? all of you stay safe Karoo
    Welcome Karoo. You might want to try this easy one - two step for posting images.
    https://postimages.org/

If you are not happy with your original stock, do you want to swap with this one of mine

https://live.staticflickr.com/6553/4...b7c9b1be_h.jpg

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi and welcome, and what a nice find to start you off on the airgun path.

karoo

hi, karoo, welcome to the forum, hi, Benelli, your pic looks like Storms River, i stayed in one of the nearby log cabins about 10 years ago, fabulous place.ATB Ray

Quote Originally Posted by wrightonn View Post
    hi, karoo, welcome to the forum, hi, Benelli, your pic looks like Storms River, i stayed in one of the nearby log cabins about 10 years ago, fabulous place.ATB Ray
    Clever man, not many would know that. I was always taking my kids down there, they loved it. Remember one trip back to PE during all the troubles in the 70's I was stopped by the police on the N2 and asked if I had any weapons with me, I said a few including a Browning Hi Power, a Benelli B76, and a few others. They said have you got your licences (book of life) ? I said no, they said well clear off ! Can you imagine that happening in UK ?

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 09-08-2020 at 05:37 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

welcome to the forum bud