Thread: BSA Standard and rear sight interfering with aperture

BSA Standard and rear sight interfering with aperture

Have two BSA Lights with 21b aperture folding sights. One with rear sight one removed. Though I can fully understand wanting to retain the rear sight I find the one with it removed far superior given there is no interference with the blocky rear? Anyone have experience with this. Can you really use both with maximum effectiveness?
    Last edited by 45flint; 06-08-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Have two BSA Lights with 21b aperture folding sights. One with rear sight one removed. Though I can fully understand wanting to retain the rear sight I find the one with it removed far superior given there is no interference with the blocky rear? Anyone have experience with this. Can you really use both with maximum effectiveness?
    I usually retain the rearsight block but remove the sight blade and screw. They can then be oiled and carefully wrapped in grease proof paper before being placed in the stock recess behind the butt cover to retain these essential parts with the rifle.

Can't believe you have two 21b sights! I have never even seen one in the flesh. I'm very jealous.

Enjoy.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I usually retain the rearsight block but remove the sight blade and screw. They can then be oiled and carefully wrapped in grease proof paper before being placed in the stock recess behind the butt cover to retain these essential parts with the rifle.

Can't believe you have two 21b sights! I have never even seen one in the flesh. I'm very jealous.

Enjoy.

John
    Great idea, thanks for that. Both rifles bought within the last two months. I couldn’t quite believe the second one when I saw it.

I tried keeping this very low rearsight fitted, but I found it interfered with the sight picture when using the peep sight so I removed it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Now you can see the full circle of the rear peepsight and I feel it can work to it's full potential.
    Just made a nice little blanking plate which finishes in off nicely

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    I tried keeping this very low rearsight fitted, but I found it interfered with the sight picture when using the peep sight so I removed it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Now you can see the full circle of the rear peepsight and I feel it can work to it's full potential.
    Just made a nice little blanking plate which finishes in off nicely

Cheers,
    Matt
    I was going to do the same. Is it a standard 3/8s?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I was going to do the same. Is it a standard 3/8s?
    Yes mate, but tapers out to a little bit bigger.
    Taps out from left to right.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Yes mate, but tapers out to a little bit bigger.
    Taps out from left to right.
    I agree with you I have one done each way and the one with the rear sight removed is far better.