Thread: My New Purchase

My New Purchase

...well not new, but arguably BETTER than new!

Just received this from Steve Valentine, and it’s a lovely rifle. Tuning kit installed, trigger shears polished, smooth as anything and a perfect 10.8ft/lb in .177. And the scope and bag.

My last HW95 (the K, rather than this the “non”) - has, of course, the same trigger blade and why for all the silicon in Hollywood, do they give the HW100 that awful plastic thing!!!??? This 95 one is gorgeous!

Nice one C3PO, take off the scope and use the force! (Not on live quarry, only targets of course!)
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

A mighty fine looking rifle there, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

That’s a beauty. I hope to be getting something similar soon. There’s something about springers.

very nice my friend

Well today I got to shoot the 95 properly. First up, a ten string chrono ... and FPS varied between 759 and 768 - very good indeed, and averaged out at 11.1ft/lbs. Perfect. To shoot, it feel sublime - yes there is recoil but of course there will be. But it’s predictable and super fast lock time, which takes some getting used to. The trigger has the sears polished and the release point is very swift ... I might tweak the trigger to make it less hair-like 😂. So onto the range and after a few shots to zero in at 30 yards the rifle was shooting great. Regularly hitting spinners out to 55 yards (three times out of five on average) and the proportion higher with closer targets - all bench-rested of course. Delighted.

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    Wow, a stunner indeed, word of advice, always wipe it down using a lightly oily rag after an outside shooting session.

Quote Originally Posted by robby View Post
    Wow, a stunner indeed, word of advice, always wipe it down using a lightly oily rag after an outside shooting session.
    Absolutely!

Hw95l

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    ...well not new, but arguably BETTER than new!

Just received this from Steve Valentine, and it’s a lovely rifle. Tuning kit installed, trigger shears polished, smooth as anything and a perfect 10.8ft/lb in .177. And the scope and bag.

My last HW95 (the K, rather than this the “non”) - has, of course, the same trigger blade and why for all the silicon in Hollywood, do they give the HW100 that awful plastic thing!!!??? This 95 one is gorgeous!

My new HW95L is 396 miles away on the Brown Truck.