Thread: Scope for 40-50 yards max

Scope for 40-50 yards max

Just bought a tx200,looking for a scope to go with it,only hunt 40 yards or so,looking at nikko sterling mount master 4-12-50 £59 any good or am i better off going for hawke 9x40or 9x50,must be non AO that game just to complicated.thanks

You cannot beat the Hawke for that price range. Have a look at this;

https://www.uttings.co.uk/p120560-ha.../#.Xy2AITfYq00

The last one down, Mach 2 version. Yes, it is for rimfire but there are plenty of aim points which are usable plus it is parallaxed for 75 yards so more practical than the NS which will be 100 yards. I just bought one the other week and at £59 you cannot go wrong.

ok mate thanks ill av a look

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    personally I think the mountmasters are a bit crap.
    And I also think a 40mm objective is just plenty for a sporting airgun, and saves weight too.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

yea 9x40 is good enough for me.if i was more skilled ie shoot out to 70-80 yards then yes id buy a bigger scope but i know for a fact 9x40 is all i need,just waste of money me spending 100s on expensive scope.

As well as being unnecessary, adding weight, needing high mounts, 50mm objective on a 25mm tube looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    Just bought a tx200,looking for a scope to go with it,only hunt 40 yards or so,looking at nikko sterling mount master 4-12-50 £59 any good or am i better off going for hawke 9x40or 9x50,must be non AO that game just to complicated.thanks
    Why is AO to complicated ? You say your shooting max of 40yrds..just set the scope to 40yrds and leave it there..will it not be more clear than a non AO scope paralaxed ?? at100yrds

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo View Post
    Why is AO to complicated ? You say your shooting max of 40yrds..just set the scope to 40yrds and leave it there..will it not be more clear than a non AO scope paralaxed ?? at100yrds
    The problem i had with AO scope id zero in say 30 yards then at any other distance it was all over the place,i just havent a clue how to use the AO i watched youtube vids but it didnt help

I set my AO scopes at approx 40 yards and never touch them again, simple
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

The problem i had with AO scope id zero in say 30 yards then at any other distance it was all over the place,i just havent a clue how to use the AO i watched youtube vids but it didnt help
    Adjusting the AO should not alter your zero if it does your scope is faulty. As said a good 3-9×40 a/o is perfect for general hunting and target shooting.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Ive had a hawke vantage 3-9 x40ao for a few years now and never had a problem like that,alwasy zero 25yrds and ao set to 25yrds,i use this for shorter range shots and also up to 40yrds with slight hold under/over,if yours was shooting all over the place it may well have been a faulty scope as Maximus stated in his post earlier

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Plenty of ppl find AO is a faff when hunting.

Just buy a fixed PA scope that you know (ask on here) can be manually re-parallaxed in the usual way (loosen locking ring, unscrew lens carrier out a bit, lock back, forget about it). This you way can set your scope for say 30 or 35 yards parallax and it's done. if you need more clarity for ultra short ranges (say 10 yards), just wind the mag down to 3x (a good idea anyways).
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.