Thread: Chancers

Chancers

My lad was selling one of his rifles that has only had ten shoots through it every month for five months just to tick it over. He just has not had the time to get behind the trigger as he is working all hours of the day on two jobs. So he put it up by word of mouth at his old Uni club and on Wednesday he got a phone call from Liverpool offering to buy it for the price he wanted my lad made it clear that he would not move on the price and if any haggling started well the chap would be shown the door. The supposed buyer arrived three hours ago my lad took the afternoon of work and guess what haggling started as soon as the rifle came out of the slip petrol costs from Liverpool it’s old really five months is not old it’s had 70 shots not 50 yes it has 20 through it last night to make sure it was on power and up to speck on and on. My lad is the quietest caring human being I have ever known he would and has helped shed loads of people out even getting a kicking helping a girl out at Uni who was about to get abused I was impressed watching the CCTV in court he dropped three out of five mind you he has done judo since he was five. So my lad started to get annoyed as this supposed buyer just would not shut up at all my lad asked him to leave about six or seven times but the chancer was having none of it so the lad walks over grabs him out of the chair frog marches him to the door and slings him out. Me I would have smacked him one and that’s why my lad threw him out as daddy was boiling. A mint RedWolf Midnight for £1400 what a fool he could have bought it and easily sold it on at a profit. So with in about twenty odd minutes he phoned his sister who wanted the rifle but was a little short of the folding stuff asked her if she still wanted it and gave it to her. Normally it’s daddy who ends up giving the toys to the kids bonus for me as his sister has been trying to get her mits on my midnight. I think my lad was more annoyed that he had lost half a days work more than anything I’m also sure the evil other half will slip him a few bob to make up the loss which he will as normal put it back into his mums ISA.I also know that the daughter will get the funds together and pay him even though he will not want the money.

It makes me proud when I see how he has developed from an ex box junkie into a double first and masters student who works his back side off at one point I truly felt that I had failed him as a father but thank god he turned the corner slinging the Xbox out of the window may have motivated him as well lol.

Motto of the story even though people swear blind they will not haggle do not believe
    them.

Seen to many of them chancers, Some people just try and take the Mike,

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    good on your lad, especially for keeping his cool whilst remaining firm.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I once had a brand new boxed 99s on free ads,it had a brand new boxed 9x50 richter optic scope,i was asking a very fair £160,this lad messaged me will you take £110 lol i said no chance,he messaged back im going give you a good hiding next time i see ya knocking about haha.

Chancers

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    I once had a brand new boxed 99s on free ads,it had a brand new boxed 9x50 richter optic scope,i was asking a very fair £160,this lad messaged me will you take £110 lol i said no chance,he messaged back im going give you a good hiding next time i see ya knocking about haha.
    Obviously went to the biffa bacon school of negotiation....

From Merseyside to Hampshire just to time waste?

That's either expensive or suspect.

there is always a chancer out there,good on your lad for standing his ground

If you've gone to the trouble of clearly explaining the ground rules to a person in advance only to then be totally and utterly ignored, then it almost becomes a pleasure to tell that person that the thing in question is no longer for sale to them and that they should just leave.

I've done it in the past when selling a car and it was strangely satisfying - at least as satisfying as dealing with a person who shows you the courtesy of dealing with you on the level.

Lets face it - even if you did overlook their rudeness and sold it to them, you just know that some form of mischief or aggro would follow. Some scam or nonsense you just don't need. If it feels wrong, bin them off every time.

My patience with certain elements of society seems to have reduced to zero with age.

JerryD is online now Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Slightly off topic, but we took our house off the market because of the "potential buyers" that came through the door and started talking the house down without even looking.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    From Merseyside to Hampshire just to time waste?

That's either expensive or suspect.
    That has gone through our minds thankfully our rifles are all kept in gun safes we have an alarm two very anti social dogs and I’m stuck working from home. We did clock the reg of his motor on the CCTV just in case big lesson learned though.