Thread: S400 Tuning

S400 Tuning

Well in for a penny in for a pound, thanks for everyone’s advice on fixing my s400 that’s leaking at the gauge!

Now if I’m going to rip this gun to bits what can I do at the same time to upgrade this gun! Anything worth doing? Not into fancy bolt on bits to make it look nice but anything I can do to enhance performance or accuracy?

Doing the gauge is not ripping it to bits you don't have to strip or get to any of the action parts. If you're happy with power and consistency in it's sweet spot it (170-110bar ish)at the moment there's no point in messing with it any further.
    Sometimes they can gradually lose power over time and is cured by cleaning the hammer and rail and/or replacing a duff firing valve but not worth bothering with unless you get the symptoms.
    So it's a question of it it ain't broke don't fix it. Regging a standard length one is a waste of time and a bit involved to get it spot on or expensive if you can't DIY and pay for it to be done properly.......new/reworked hammer and spring, spring spacers and loads and loads of testing.

agree with the above there fine out the box

It may be worth changing the main valve, as they are prone to wear- dependant on how much your has been used. Also check on how smooth the hammer runs down the rail. I had one to repair that was binding on the rail. The rail itself was clean and smooth, changing the bushing inside the hammer solved the problem.

Air arms

All very good advice. Atb bob.