Thread: New airgun & archery club moreton in marsh gloc.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New airgun & archery club moreton in marsh gloc.

It looks like I have got permission to set up a new airgun and archery club not to far from me . I will only discuss the airgun in this post as most will not be dual skills.

Exact details TBC re potential use and size etc. but may be a range to 100 yards (50 probably minimum) and potential for HFT and FT course in the massive woodland.

There are no facilities there at this moment so its from scratch.

Initially, there will be an open fronted wooden shelter or marquee - the intention for it to be boarded with movable benches too. The site does have toilet facilities but I will be looking at Portaloo's subject to cost with company to maintain and empty etc.

I am looking at a standard club set up (this will be private as opposed to a membership run) and will accommodate pay on the day and structured training courses too. I want this to pay for itself and to be frank, bit fed up with club politics and back biting. things will get done faster and no committees that cant make there mind up etc.

Feedback will be listened to though. Basically an annual membership fee with range fees for the day.

Membership includes range duty and maintenance as well. You play - you maintain. Exceptions considered on merit such as disability. The owner wants their land respected which I support. Its full of wildlife so this needs to be an accepted element pursued with diligence.

I am expecting to be able to do :

* 3P (prone, kneeling, standing)
    * bench
    * silhouettes Not common in the UK
    * HFT/FT both closed for practice (field of resetting targets, and open for the holding of events.
    * Co2 Plate and speed shooting.
    * Others will be considered.

My preference would for all rifles to be moderated unless its a dedicated Target gun (which may include Teutonic FT rigs).

As its outdoors, this is likely not to appeal to 10 meter ISSF shooters.... maybe later indoor facilities can be arranged.

I am not precluding the use of unmoderated kit, but silence is golden.

Not keen on airsoft but if you come kitted like your about to do the Iranian Embassy then not what I am looking to accommodate. I have no PC crap about cammo - acceptable within reason.

I am going to go for 7 day a week opening with a minimum of 2 person to open the range to shooting. Maybe using an on line booking system to make it easy for members to attend without having to phone around.

Sorry its a bit info heavy but there is a great potential here to develop a Grade A facility here.

I am looking for interest from potential club members who would be interested in a new grass roots adventure.

PLEASE DONT RESPOND TO THREAD - JUST PM ME PLEASE.

MANYT THANKS Steyr........
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

No springers as they are for Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    No springers as they are for Dinosaurs
    I may have mentioned that. I might have it engraved on my tombstone too bighit. Yeah, I aint a springer fan for sure, but no.... all are welcome pretty much

Is there really no interst whatsoever in the whole of Glocestershire and warwickshire ?????

A new club can only be a good thing, especially if you can attract new people to the sport so, I wish you well with it and, I hope it flourishes 👍

I haven't been shooting very much at all lately but, I would pop over for a go.
    I wouldn't become a member because I've got Black Cat very close by.

Atb

All of the above.

How does a cat affect membership?