Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New airgun & archery club moreton in marsh gloc.

New airgun & archery club moreton in marsh gloc.

It looks like I have got permission to set up a new airgun and archery club not to far from me . I will only discuss the airgun in this post as most will not be dual skills.

Exact details TBC re potential use and size etc. but may be a range to 100 yards (50 probably minimum) and potential for HFT and FT course in the massive woodland.

There are no facilities there at this moment so its from scratch.

Initially, there will be an open fronted wooden shelter or marquee - the intention for it to be boarded with movable benches too. The site does have toilet facilities but I will be looking at Portaloo's subject to cost with company to maintain and empty etc.

I am looking at a standard club set up (this will be private as opposed to a membership run) and will accommodate pay on the day and structured training courses too. I want this to pay for itself and to be frank, bit fed up with club politics and back biting. things will get done faster and no committees that cant make there mind up etc.

Feedback will be listened to though. Basically an annual membership fee with range fees for the day.

Membership includes range duty and maintenance as well. You play - you maintain. Exceptions considered on merit such as disability. The owner wants their land respected which I support. Its full of wildlife so this needs to be an accepted element pursued with diligence.

I am expecting to be able to do :

* 3P (prone, kneeling, standing)
    * bench
    * silhouettes Not common in the UK
    * HFT/FT both closed for practice (field of resetting targets, and open for the holding of events.
    * Co2 Plate and speed shooting.
    * Others will be considered.

My preference would for all rifles to be moderated unless its a dedicated Target gun (which may include Teutonic FT rigs).

As its outdoors, this is likely not to appeal to 10 meter ISSF shooters.... maybe later indoor facilities can be arranged.

I am not precluding the use of unmoderated kit, but silence is golden.

Not keen on airsoft but if you come kitted like your about to do the Iranian Embassy then not what I am looking to accommodate. I have no PC crap about cammo - acceptable within reason.

I am going to go for 7 day a week opening with a minimum of 2 person to open the range to shooting. Maybe using an on line booking system to make it easy for members to attend without having to phone around.

Sorry its a bit info heavy but there is a great potential here to develop a Grade A facility here.

I am looking for interest from potential club members who would be interested in a new grass roots adventure.

PLEASE DONT RESPOND TO THREAD - JUST PM ME PLEASE.

MANYT THANKS Steyr........
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

No springers as they are for Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    No springers as they are for Dinosaurs
    I may have mentioned that. I might have it engraved on my tombstone too bighit. Yeah, I aint a springer fan for sure, but no.... all are welcome pretty much

Is there really no interst whatsoever in the whole of Glocestershire and warwickshire ?????

A new club can only be a good thing, especially if you can attract new people to the sport so, I wish you well with it and, I hope it flourishes 👍

I haven't been shooting very much at all lately but, I would pop over for a go.
    I wouldn't become a member because I've got Black Cat very close by.

Atb

All of the above.

How does a cat affect membership?

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    How does a cat affect membership?
    Black Cat HFT club in Sevenhampton - it's just a couple of miles from my door 👍

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Black Cat HFT club in Sevenhampton - it's just a couple of miles from my door 👍
    Ah ok. Understand now not heard of them

I'd say most target rifles of whatever discipline won't be moderated. But then they really don't generate much noise, certainly not if you consider the sound of hitting steel plate.

Good luck with it.

Here's an idea of clubs around you...

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...815918&t=h&z=6

Nothing wrong with running it as a benevolent dictatorship, that's often the way to get things done. However it may limit your opportunities for grant funding if ever you wished to seek some; funders prefer to see member involvement and some kind of elected committee.

I like the bit in red, where you tie range duty and maintenance to continued membership. If that pans out well for you then expect to be overwhelmed with requests for your methods.

Best wishes with the project. Walking a similar path nearly twenty years ago I found was very fulfilling.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

To be honest... been in an elected club for many years and fed up with the back biting and the slow decision making process. It not a dictatorship. As I said opinions will be listened to and actioned if appropriate to the well being and future of the club. Its in my interest to make it work and vibrant... an aspect often missing from traditional member/committee type clubs.

I am not really interested in funding. It needs to be able to run itself and if funding is at a cost or expectation then other options will be developed first but not to exclusion.

I have many years of tradional members clubs. I know the pros and the cons and for me, there are far to many cons.

But its a free country. Anyone wanting to set up a trad member/committee driven club, they are more than welcome to do it...

Hello

I am new here and based in Banbury. I am looking for a Club that would allow a range of Air disciplines as well as HFT - I have tried it but am keen to get more experience befor dibing in to a full HFT Club.

Is this Club referred to stil a potential entity ?

If not - I would welcome any recomedations as to where to look for what I am after.

I dont mind travelling a while for the right place. Likewise - any experiences of local ranges would be useful.

Have only just moved to the area and am essentially a Townie - that is looking to grow and develop in this field of the sport.

Many thanks in advance
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by popbang View Post
    Hello

I am new here and based in Banbury. I am looking for a Club that would allow a range of Air disciplines as well as HFT - I have tried it but am keen to get more experience befor dibing in to a full HFT Club.

Is this Club referred to stil a potential entity ?

If not - I would welcome any recomedations as to where to look for what I am after.

I dont mind travelling a while for the right place. Likewise - any experiences of local ranges would be useful.

Have only just moved to the area and am essentially a Townie - that is looking to grow and develop in this field of the sport.

Many thanks in advance
    Dave
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....14#post7915314

Yes its still in evolution.....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I think a surprising number of airgun shooters are also into archery... however I do have one concern with this club of yours...

Bearing in mind your well known adversion to springers in favour of the latest and greatest techno PCPs, I'm thinking only compound archers with hybrid cams optical sights and carbon composite arrows will be welcomed with open arms ? Recurve shoots might just about be grudginly admitted with full olympic rigs, but any trad shooters will be hung drawn and quartered for even daring to approach the door !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.