Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New airgun & archery club moreton in marsh gloc.

any new club can only be good,good luck bud

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I think a surprising number of airgun shooters are also into archery... however I do have one concern with this club of yours...

Bearing in mind your well known adversion to springers in favour of the latest and greatest techno PCPs, I'm thinking only compound archers with hybrid cams optical sights and carbon composite arrows will be welcomed with open arms ? Recurve shoots might just about be grudginly admitted with full olympic rigs, but any trad shooters will be hung drawn and quartered for even daring to approach the door !

I was ac5ually a master bowman with an oympic recurve. I find compounds too easy to shoot but as I now have a serious shoulder injury, a compoind may be the way I would go if I went back to archery. However, I am more likely to instruct than shoot. Again the venue is driving this and I will expand later.

My dislike of springers is a.personal.thing. I have no issue.with others wanting to.shoot them. They just aren't for.me nor do I understand why people like them. Nor do I subscribe to you have to learn to shoot on springers.

The only thing I am thinking atm is the rifles need to be moderated for a variety of reasons pretty much driven by the gorgeous venue.... but thats work in progress.

If people think a.springer has recoil then they want to.try a recurve bow...... then you might actually learn what recoul is.... ir a centre fire but speingers and gas rams are just nasty lol.

Yes. I am a PCP man bu choice but all equipment be welcome. I am a shooter first and a PCP.man 2nd.

As my rifles are an HW100 and a Rapid 7, I dont think my current equipment is high tech. I wouldnt buy the new Delta Wolf. An impact or a Leishy 2 might be considered but they would be pest control tools in FAC as opposed sub 12 pleasure or HFT guns.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, I really like recurves too... Compounds are awesome tools, but it just doesn't feel "right". I did compromise for a while and shoot compound off the fingers, but then both camps hated me
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.