Quote Originally Posted by CROWMAN View Post
Thanks for more pointers as to the problem.

Just to clarify, the cases are "once fired" , The chap's who I bought them off seemed genuine, I could be wrong of course and that would be a sad reflection on them as the vast majority of "shooters" that I have dealt with have been honest and helpful.

If I lay the sized case on top of the trap door plate, I can chamber it, no tightness of the bolt.
I have also made a dummy round, i.e. bullet plus case, but no powder, the case will chamber from the magazine with no bolt stiffness.
So for some reason these cases, two makes Norma and Winchester, bought from different people are not chambering.
I have never had this problem before with any other 223 bought used cases.
So not sure why with these two different makes of cases it is happening now.
I will load 10 rounds of each make and weather permitting see how they chamber and fire at the range. hopefully no one can see any problems with doing this?

Thanks again for the help.
This is a follow for all of the many members who gave views on my problem with loading.
I have fired these cases now and no problem in firing single rounds or when loaded to magazine capacity of 5.
Now that they have been fired once in my rifle hopefully the problem will cease.
It would seem that when chambered as a powder loaded or non loaded powder round with bullet they chamber ok without there is a problem.
Hopefully after firing all of the cases in my rifle, the problem will cease.

Thanks again for all of the help with this problem.