Thread: Iv'e done it !

Iv'e done it !

Just shot my first 50 card in the mpl !

Rob

Congrats !

The first of many?

At my last count Ive done 50+ 50 ex 50 in various leagues, competitions and practice using a variety of match air pistols. The Walther LP400 being my favourite.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Congrats.
    What size is the 10 ring on these targets do either of you know?

I use Bisley target cards at home shooting at 6 yards and 10 metres, ...the centre 10 ring is 11mm approx (cards are 14cm x 14cm). Just curious.

Im sure someone will be along soon with the exact measurement to the nearest gnats.

HTH
    Ian

Thank you Ian.
    Good to know I'm shooting at targets with the right size bulls eye at least.

Do you know anywhere to buy decent card 14cmx14cm targets for pistol shooting?

I've some Bisley ones left but going through them at a steady rate.

The MPL target "bull" is the size of a pin head.

Contact the nsra for your targets, have a look on their web site

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    The MPL target "bull" is the size of a pin head.

Contact the nsra for your targets, have a look on their web site
    Over what range is the MPL shot?

6yds standing with open sights, 10m rested with a scope, all shot with recoiling rifles

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    6yds standing with open sights, 10m rested with a scope, all shot with recoiling rifles
    6 yards !!! I could poke em at that distance.

[ sits back and awaits ZOOMAs sarcy response ]

Rob,

Well done

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    6 yards !!! I could poke em at that distance.

.....still waiting..?

Before you became an international super-star you were pleased to shoot and enjoy taking part in the MPL pistol competitions - including the 6 yard air pistol shot at home (was it with the target holder hanging on the back of your front door?).

PCP and CO2 airguns are not used in the MPL competitions with most competitions using classic spring powered airguns.(SARS and SAPS competitions being a notable exception).

We have always thought that the 6 yard targets had been "scaled" correctly so that scoring a maximum on the NSRA 6 yard air pistol target (Air 8) was every bit as difficult as scoring the same when shooting at 10 metres on the NSRA 10 meter targets - probably harder due to the restricted choice of air pistol (spring powered).

In real life, many of us found it difficult to match our 10 meter average scores - including you - when shooting at 6 yards in the MPL using classic airguns.

As a matter of interest, the new MPL 10 metre rifle competition for springers with scopes also uses the 6 yard NSRA air rifle target (Air 7) to make it an enjoyable competition with a realistic challenge.

This 10 meter competition was devised to give owners of the most popular spring powered air rifle combination currently bought in the UK (with scope) a target competition to have a go at as not all spring powered air rifles can be shot with open sights or diopters because they are designed for scope use and don't have a front sight.

You can also enter the MPL 10 meter competition using an air rifle without a scope (open sights or diopter) ...probably with equally good results!

You should give the MPL another try (I think the local phrase is to "put your money where you mouth is") and show us how easy it is........you might actually enjoy the chance to shoot some of those old classics of yours that are used to line the walls your gun room. Exercising them and comparing their performance can be really good fun.

The MPL is also the best competition for beginners too as they don't feel "out-gunned" by the more experienced shooters that mostly use more expensive PCP match weapons.

The MPL rules make it the most affordable competition to take part in, as even the most expensive spring powered air guns are unlikely to cost anything like as much as a top of the range PCP - but most of us enjoy shooing in the MPL because it gives us a good excuse to shoot classic airguns and spring powered airguns, often with no interest in what others score, but to see what we can squeeze out of our old springers and to see if we can improve over the course of the season - or do as well when trying a different springer.

Come and join us and blow the dust off of some of those old springers you are hoarding......you will enjoy it - even if you won't admit it
    Last edited by zooma; 03-09-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I should take up fishing.

Fishing

I should take up fishing.
    Gnome😂
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]