Thread: Webley Viscount - sell or scrap?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Viscount - sell or scrap?

I have an old Webley Viscount, rear iron sight missing, cheapie scope, otherwise OK. Is it worth trying to sell or better scrapping?

Stephen

In a usable, not rusted to buggery condition I would think around £100 if you wanted to sell as a complete rifle. Probably worth stripping & selling the bits otherwise.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Or, you could give it a quick service and hand it to a youngster to get them into the sport

All of the above.

Definitely not scrap, but a "modern classic".

You could service it, use it yourself and see if that bond grows. Or sell to someone who will appreciate this nice rifle that will be getting increasingly rare.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Its a .22 and I've had it for a number of years and can't say I've bonded with it. I did give it a DIY service and would be happy to pass it onto a beginner if I knew anyone locally - I just wouldn't want to give them rubbish so thanks for your encouragement.

Actually that has given me an idea and I'll ask around at my local shooting club - there are a few airgun users there who may know of a youngster.

S