Thread: Weihrauch HW44 / Vortex Venom Reflex

Weihrauch HW44 / Vortex Venom Reflex

I bought a .177 Weihrauch HW44 last Thursday, and received my new Vortex Venom 3moa reflex sight today. Got to say the pistol is seriously good. I fill to 190bar and get 110 shots per charge. The sight replaces an old Hawke reflex that I had. They are chalk and cheese, the Vortex is smaller, lighter, more solidly built, has way better adjustment, a smaller (by 1moa) cleaner dot, and is optically totally superior. I bodged together the forend raiser from an acrylic block that I had lying around and half of an old Picatinny scope mount.

I shot a full charge, rested, at 10yds indoors. As you can see I can't complain about the accuracy. Pellets were BSA Storm that I had from years back, straight from the tin. The pic is the best 5 shot group that I achieved.

Looks great but the price is steep for air Pistol use, Hawke do a reflex version for around £100 and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rapid View Post
    Looks great but the price is steep for air Pistol use, Hawke do a reflex version for around £100 and it works great.
    I replaced a Hawke with the Vortex. I was never 100% happy with the Hawke.

I bought a HW44 in March and have been really impressed with it so far.

I haven't tried a red dot on it yet, but it's something that I plan to do in the future and it'll probably be a Vortex. One of the things I like about them is the warranty, worth paying a bit more for as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers,

Mark.

I can't believe you extracted that accuracy from BSA storm pellets! Normally complete sheeeeet when I try them.

And yes your pistol is a cracker. I now refuse to use one as extended exposure will likely make me buy one
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SensiSi View Post
    I replaced a Hawke with the Vortex. I was never 100% happy with the Hawke.
    So far I am happy with it, I had a Burris fastfire before this.