Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I buy an Air Arms S410

They are great guns, I have the late rosewood tipped version in .177 and the early one in .22.
    They only issue I found is they are quite 'bland' and I dont use mine anymore, as I prefer a Rapid. Just as accurate, and 'feels' a bit more special.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    My S410k is probably the only rifle I own I have 100% confidence in!

It’s a true classic.

Right up there with the HW80.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    Hi guys.

I'll soon be looking to buy my second PCP and I quite like the look of the Air Arms S410. I know this rifle has been around for many years, but I've never actually owned one before and don't really know much about them. My current PCP Is a legal limit 177 HW100s, but my next pcp will be a 22.

My budget will be approximately £700, so any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I'm just after an accurate reliable rifle that won't keep leaking air all the time.

Thanks lads 🤔
    I’m in a similar position to you and looking for a PCP around the £700 mark. Unfortunately, my budget keeps on creeping up so now as well as the S410/510, I’m also looking at the Brocock Compatto Sniper XR for around £850. It may be worth a look.

If you can, go far a Walnut sticked Carbine - every bit as accurate as the full length version, few less shot but plenty for the vast majority of scenarios - it's quite hard to explain just how good these rifles are for hunting. Used 2 for over 7 years in a semi pro vermin control enviroment and they never, ever, let me down.

I've had both the S410 and the HW100 and for me the latter is the better rifle. The S410 was very accurate, and reliable, but I disliked the bolt action nature of the loading compared to the German counterpart. For me, the HW100 is much easier to index and reload pellets into the simplest magazine of all.

S410 carbine

i've had hw100's in .22 & .177
    also had a couple of s410's in .22 & .177 in the past.

i wanted to get something in .177,i ended up with 2 hw100k's in .22,i traded in one of my hw100K's for an airarms s410F carbine,wanut thumbhole, in .177,i had a pre anti tamper one of these, sold it to a mate of mine about 5 years ago,i tried to buy it back off him, but he won't sell it.so i purchased a new one, it's a very capable hunting rifle,i'm please with mine,
    i do like the mag's & side lever on the hw100
    nothing wrong with the loading bolt on the s410,take's a bit of getting used to.

the airarms s410 is more expensive than the hw100,it come's with one 10 shot magazine, the silencer is an optional extra.
    where as the hw100 come's with two 14 shot magazines & a silencer.

Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post
    you wont go wrong with one
    I like mine that much I bought another
    very accurate once you find the pellets it likes put a good scope on it and it will hit what you aim at

your hw 100 take it to the airgun doctor in Cannock .mine leaked to empty overnight it was fully serviced and a problem found --sorted fixed and done while I waited -never had a problem in 2 yrs ---don't remove the air bottle its the most common cause of leaks
    I would definitely NOT use the airgun doctor. I sent mine for a full strip, clean and seal. It came back broken. Another stripped and found the action full of crap from HFT comps that should have been cleaned and relubed. No refund offered. Strongly suggest you need to think about this Doctor....
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill