Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy an Air Arms S410

Should I buy an Air Arms S410

Hi guys.

I'll soon be looking to buy my second PCP and I quite like the look of the Air Arms S410. I know this rifle has been around for many years, but I've never actually owned one before and don't really know much about them. My current PCP Is a legal limit 177 HW100s, but my next pcp will be a 22.

My budget will be approximately £700, so any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I'm just after an accurate reliable rifle that won't keep leaking air all the time.

Thanks lads 🤔
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

s410

you wont go wrong with one
    I like mine that much I bought another
    very accurate once you find the pellets it likes put a good scope on it and it will hit what you aim at

your hw 100 take it to the airgun doctor in Cannock .mine leaked to empty overnight it was fully serviced and a problem found --sorted fixed and done while I waited -never had a problem in 2 yrs ---don't remove the air bottle its the most common cause of leaks

Excellent rifles, but YOU are the only person who can decide if it's the correct item for hold, balance & general feel.

Personally I prefer the s510 both for the shrouded barrel & sidelever, I'd also consider the BSA Scorpion.

s410

Yep go for it. The only leak you are likely to get is easily fixed.
    Doubt if you will get anyone who does not like it.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

S410

I preferred mine over the HW 100 more accurate more shots per fill. you should be able to pick a very nice one for £400
    and very rarely go wrong
    Last edited by 10/10; 11-08-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10/10 View Post
    I preferred mine over the HW 100 more accurate more shots per fill. you should be able to pick a very nice one foe £400
    and very rarely go wrong
    Wow, they must be good then.
    Sam colt made them equal

Thanks for the replies and advice lads 👍
    Sam colt made them equal

as a rifle there bomb proof and dont often have problems

Try and source one with a wallnut stock and with rose tip end. Makes it quite a nice light gun,

I've been wondering the same thing. Would be my my first PCP rifle, but just debating whether or not to go for a used S410 or a new Walther Rotex RM8. Heard great things about both rifles but the S410 seems to just be better quality and has a proven track record of reliability. One thing I have noticed is that people go on about the S410 going used for around £400, but I rarely see one for less than £500 and often closer to £600-£650. Would like to know where they're finding them Good luck with your search!

Had a 410 and still own a Hw100, much prefer the 100. Skinny barrel and poor mag, prefer the side lever too.
    Great deals with Chippy K, Gareth W-B, Mr Punch, W Preston, Super Shooter, ayrtaxidermy

Thanks for the replies and advice guys 👍
    Sam colt made them equal

Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post

your hw 100 take it to the airgun doctor in Cannock .mine leaked to empty overnight it was fully serviced and a problem found --sorted fixed and done while I waited -never had a problem in 2 yrs ---don't remove the air bottle its the most common cause of leaks
    I bought my HW100s brand new back In January 2013 and the rifle has never leaked once. Plus I've never had It serviced either. An absolute bullet proof gun In my opinion. And like you said, I've never removed the air bottle or tampered with anything. If It ain't broke, then don't fix It. That's my motto. And the proofs In the pudding 👍
    Sam colt made them equal

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    Hi guys.

I'll soon be looking to buy my second PCP and I quite like the look of the Air Arms S410. I know this rifle has been around for many years, but I've never actually owned one before and don't really know much about them. My current PCP Is a legal limit 177 HW100s, but my next pcp will be a 22.

My budget will be approximately £700, so any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I'm just after an accurate reliable rifle that won't keep leaking air all the time.

Thanks lads 🤔
    Had both. Still have the 100. Overall a much better gun

But there are many reasons that influence taste and reasons why.

I teach with 400 and even complete novices notice how much better the 100 is.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I’m considering a 410 .177 in left hand format for target use at a local club but the HW100 is always there at the back of my mind for serious consideration.
    The latter was used as club guns at my last Airgun club in South Yorks although I never used them.
    I don’t believe the cocking lever can be converted for left hand use on the Weihrauch although I understand it can be on the recent HW110 ?
    I assume the cocking bolt on the 410 can be switched over, is this correct ?
    “An airgun or two”………