Thread: Why don’t Weihrauch put walnut stocks on there springers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreyDog View Post
    I'm not convinced the market for springers is in all cases to meet demand for cheap guns and that people who have enough dosh will buy a PCP. Surely I can't be the only one who chose a springer just because I wanted a springer!
    No, but the market is small and shrinking, well not growing unlike PCP's. If you want a lovely springer then buy a Air Arms, or buy something else factory and throw loads of money at it. Or just buy an oldr rifle that has some nice wood.

Mosts air rifles bought are still to have a plink in the back garden. How much they cost does matter. Later maybe then invest into something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    No, but the market is small and shrinking, well not growing unlike PCP's. If you want a lovely springer then buy a Air Arms, or buy something else factory and throw loads of money at it. Or just buy an oldr rifle that has some nice wood.

Mosts air rifles bought are still to have a plink in the back garden. How much they cost does matter. Later maybe then invest into something better.
    AA are probably the nicest looking, can't deny that, and well built too. I tried HW77', 97, and AA TX, TX HC for fit and found the HW, for me with my ape length arms, had the edge fit/handling wise. I also wanted an option to use open sights and that settled it on an HW77k - I have a scope anyhow. If the AA TX had fitted me better I would have bought it - with the optional extra Walnut stock and scoped it. I also had a go of a friends HW100 but the springer felt like I remembered from fifty years ago so I had to have it.

Regardless that three quarters or more of my shooting is just plinking, a drop-in kit was added from brand new. Also, not being morbid, but the reality is that more of my life is behind me than ahead, so these days I apply the same rule to whatever I buy - buy it now so I can enjoy it now...

Thumbs up

the latest line of laminate stocks seem rather delicate to me ......using walnut would've been more cost effective and prettier imo
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive