Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why don’t Weihrauch put walnut stocks on there springers?

Why don’t Weihrauch put walnut stocks on there springers?

It seems to me a shame that Weihrauch doesn’t put walnut stocks on their modern springers?
    I know you can still get a HW35 with a walnut stock, surely there must be a demand for a walnut stocked 97/77/80 and 95!
    Market leaders Air Arms and others offer them and surely from time to time walnut is a better option to a laminated version.
    We can but live in hope.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

To be honest I wouldn't waste a piece of walnut on the style of most stocks in the HW line up!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't waste a piece of walnut on the style of most stocks in the HW line up!
    Well said that man, that's why a lot of HW owners end up buying a Custom Stocks stock.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

your right thats what i done with my 80k

German functionality.

No frills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai.T View Post
    It seems to me a shame that Weihrauch doesn’t put walnut stocks on their modern springers?
    I know you can still get a HW35 with a walnut stock, surely there must be a demand for a walnut stocked 97/77/80 and 95!
    Market leaders Air Arms and others offer them and surely from time to time walnut is a better option to a laminated version.
    We can but live in hope.
    Cheers
    Dave
    That mk1 Hw80 with the lovely factory Tyrolean stock that I got off you is a bit special.
    Admittedly the gun is probably over 30 odd years old.
    The Hw80 RB1 had a nice look about it,and the Hw77 in walnut would look great in my opinion.
    Les..

Frankly that decision is driven by the market. There is only a market for springers because PCP's can't be done as cheaply. Put walnut on a springer and they have to compete with the PCP crowd.

AA does it as an option because they do premium springers.

HW Walnut

Weihrauch did the HW80 MK1 in walnut they also did the first HW77K's in walnut and then of course they did both in Tryolean so MK2's. I dare say it just not cost effective anymore? Mach 1.5

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Why should we care what the stock is made from provided the material works?

Pse leave aside all the ergonomic considerations of stock design for the sake of this exact discussion.

My HW80K mid 90s has a handsome finish to its stock.

Does the material used for stock have a bearing on the efficiency of the rifle?

Distant memories come back of there being a reason for hickory being used for a hammer's shaft. Is there a similar argument to be made for walnut over wood recovered from a pallet?
    Last edited by Antoni; 12-08-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

By that notion then all stocks should be made of plastics, well something more stable than wood. Not all woods can be used as some are the wrong weight let alone up to the job.

Wood gives the aesthetic look that many love. Walnut even more so over Birch. THere are probably even cheaper woods that could be spray painted or diped to anything you like. Ahh, some do that already but the market isn't that impressed....something great about nice wood.

Walnut is lighter aswell,ive had tx200 beach stock now got walnut version and its deffo lighter.but i cant knock HW there all very good no matter what wood is used.

Personally, I don’t mind HW’s poor stock line-up, because Custom Stock produce a great selection and I get to support a British company.

I believe exceptions are the lovely 35E walnut and 110KT laminate stocks.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    My guess is so they don’t have to split production.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Frankly that decision is driven by the market. There is only a market for springers because PCP's can't be done as cheaply. Put walnut on a springer and they have to compete with the PCP crowd.

AA does it as an option because they do premium springers.
    I'm not convinced the market for springers is in all cases to meet demand for cheap guns and that people who have enough dosh will buy a PCP. Surely I can't be the only one who chose a springer just because I wanted a springer!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGreyDog View Post
    I'm not convinced the market for springers is in all cases to meet demand for cheap guns and that people who have enough dosh will buy a PCP. Surely I can't be the only one who chose a springer just because I wanted a springer!
    No, but the market is small and shrinking, well not growing unlike PCP's. If you want a lovely springer then buy a Air Arms, or buy something else factory and throw loads of money at it. Or just buy an oldr rifle that has some nice wood.

Mosts air rifles bought are still to have a plink in the back garden. How much they cost does matter. Later maybe then invest into something better.