Thread: Incoming!!!

Thumbs up Incoming!!!

Before you jump all over me (Unframed) Dave, It's a trade so one in- One out!! I shall be clearing out somewhat in summer!!

Anyhow, A chap offered this old mk1 Hawk in trade for a (Project) springer pistol on another forum, I offered a BSA Scorpion in trade which shoots fine but is cosmetically challenged!, Actually it's cosmetically challenged twice in it's life as it seems to have been painted black but even that's worn off too!!

The mk1 Hawk has had the piston seal modded to an O ring and whilst it's not overly powerful at 6.4ft lbs, Neither has it had an Ox crammed in to elongate the crosspin holes in the cylinder!, It's a .22" (No .177" barrel ) but seems to have been looked after but with two scrapes in the woodwork which shouldn't be too much of a job to cover with stock touch up pens..

I've had a few of these and have to say, I've never liked them much but boy, Had they been abused??!!, This one doesn't seem to have been so I may change my mind!

It still has it's foresight too which is a bonus!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

me,i like a hawk
    the mk1 being the best of the 3

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Before you jump all over me (Unframed) Dave, It's a trade so one in- One out!! I shall be clearing out somewhat in summer!!

Anyhow, A chap offered this old mk1 Hawk in trade for a (Project) springer pistol on another forum, I offered a BSA Scorpion in trade which shoots fine but is cosmetically challenged!, Actually it's cosmetically challenged twice in it's life as it seems to have been painted black but even that's worn off too!!

The mk1 Hawk has had the piston seal modded to an O ring and whilst it's not overly powerful at 6.4ft lbs, Neither has it had an Ox crammed in to elongate the crosspin holes in the cylinder!, It's a .22" (No .177" barrel ) but seems to have been looked after but with two scrapes in the woodwork which shouldn't be too much of a job to cover with stock touch up pens..

I've had a few of these and have to say, I've never liked them much but boy, Had they been abused??!!, This one doesn't seem to have been so I may change my mind!

It still has it's foresight too which is a bonus!!

John
    Clear your inbox. I just bleedin Pm-ed you! If it is low in power , check the breech block is not leaking . The threads in the cylinder only go 2 threads past the stock screw holes. Never a powerhouse----------CRAP trigger and REALLY DANGEROUS SAFETY.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Clear your inbox. I just bleedin Pm-ed you! If it is low in power , check the breech block is not leaking . The threads in the cylinder only go 2 threads past the stock screw holes. Never a powerhouse----------CRAP trigger and REALLY DANGEROUS SAFETY.
    Ha ha!!

I've cleared a bit of space in my pm's Guy!

John

Rare to see a Hawk in such good condition. They tend to have been treated badly when new and then neglected as uninteresting during their subsequent life.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    Rare to see a Hawk in such good condition. They tend to have been treated badly when new and then neglected as uninteresting during their subsequent life.
    Every one i've owned has been in the same way as you describe, They had lots of slop in the actions and rattled like mad, They all had stretched pin holes in the cylinder too!

John

I think it was the Hawk that got them the name of Wobbly and scott

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Don't ever do leisure drugs John.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

I've just got a Mk 2 Hawk, me first wobbly webley rifle ever lol.
    There is virtually no pre load on the spring, which us nicely kinked in three places. Pin holes are very slightly elongated. I can't chrono it yet, cos I shot the led off it again, waiting for another packet to arrive, but I reckon its lucky if its doing 3ft/lbs lol

That’s in exceptionally good condition for one of them things.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I do not like the Hawks either really, the Mk , phaaah, what was that one for? The mk1 I do have some time for, it was new, innovative, and while still pretty useless that example is one of the best i have ever seen. Does it have both barrels?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    I do not like the Hawks either really, the Mk , phaaah, what was that one for? The mk1 I do have some time for, it was new, innovative, and while still pretty useless, that example is one of the best i have ever seen. Does it have both barrels?
    Ha ha!!, Brilliant!

It only has the .22" barrel, Most of the ones i'f had in the past had just the .177" barrels, I did have one with both but I got rid of them all as they were abused with no sights and no blueing, I think this one may be a keeper as it's nicely tight with no rattles and almost all of the blueing intact!!

Cheers, John

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    I do not like the Hawks either really, the Mk , phaaah, what was that one for? The mk1 I do have some time for, it was new, innovative, and while still pretty useless that example is one of the best i have ever seen. Does it have both barrels?
    Saw an early ad. with a design council award attached.
    Am I thinking of the right thing,or was it a food blender?.