Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need counsel on getting to a grudge Bell Target Match in the UK

Need counsel on getting to a grudge Bell Target Match in the UK

Having watched Matt’s (ptdunk) utube on the Britannia I am convinced he picked a BSA Standard that He knew wouldn’t compete with his Britannia in that Bell Target Match. I feel I now have the perfect BSA Light to dispel this travesty of Britannia domination. My main issue is I need your help on the way to the match. I pack my 1919 BSA light with full documentation as to its 7 FPE and hope that this date also triggers your antique relic exemption? I land at Heathrow do I have a chance to make it to the Match on time?

I’m intrigued!, what’s this “Grudge match”?. Must keep the supremacy of BSA’s to the forefront!.
    DaveM. (Comp sec Lea Valley).

Quote Originally Posted by DAVALI View Post
    I’m intrigued!, what’s this “Grudge match”?. Must keep the supremacy of BSA’s to the forefront!.
    DaveM. (Comp sec Lea Valley).
    Just a joke given my increased interest in English Bell Target. Got me curious if UK restrictions would apply to this old a gun?
    Last edited by 45flint; 12-08-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Come on over, you’d love a vintage comp.
    I think Lea Valley usually has 20-30 competitors/enthusiasts on their monthly vintage shoot.

You’d be very welcome, and I’d enjoy a bell target shoot off!

Cheers,
    Matt

Btw, regarding fake news...

Ask DEVALI how that little light pattern did in the Lea Valley Bell target comps last year against lots of other BSA’s.
    I had to buy a few other rifles as people started getting annoyed that it kept winning...

Come to think of it that light pattern is partly responsible for me expanding my vintage collection.,.

God bless it

Cheers,
    Matt

If I showed up I would have to flick up my aperture sight and you would send me home?

Not if you use it in the “Section 2” group, any sub 7ft/pd spring gun.
    Of course that includes HW55, FWB 300, original 75 etc, in that group, still fancy your chances?.
    DaveM.

Not if you use it in the “Section 2” group, any sub 7ft/pd spring gun.
    Of course that includes HW55, FWB 300, original 75 etc, in that group, still fancy your chances?.
    DaveM.

Guns don't win competitions of skill. Shooters do

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    That’s what I’m concerned about. Anyway I would never get out of customs with a rifle?

No excuse, there are plenty of our club members who will loan you an air rifle, I have several qualifying air rifles you can have your pick off!.

As an aside, do you have a Bell target at home?, we could do an email/postal competition, we have shot a few with another bell target club but they are shutdown at the moment, our club members are itching to get some interclub/personal competition going.

DaveM.

No excuse, there are plenty of our club members who will loan you an air rifle, I have several qualifying air rifles you can have your pick off!.

As an aside, do you have a Bell target at home?, we could do an email/postal competition, we have shot a few with another bell target club but they are shutdown at the moment, our club members are itching to get some interclub/personal competition going.

DaveM.
    Actually I am about to buy my first Bell Target, there is a guy over here making them. I measured off the 6 yards yesterday and was trying to put pellet on pellet on paper. Give me a couple months.

Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Shooters of similar skill,using light pattern against FWB300, Orig 75? Hmm?
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    Shooters of similar skill,using light pattern against FWB300, Orig 75? Hmm?
    J.
    Come round and try it. Not sure how the modern match rifles would perform but there are records existing of over 110 consecutive rings performed with a light pattern using open sights. I play with one quite a lot as I find my 300su too heavy now I'm getting old and decrepit.

Curious if modern shooting coats etc. are allowed with the modern springers?

Also I assume given many vintage BSA had aperture sights that they were allowed in the “original“ vintages matches?
    Last edited by 45flint; 14-08-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

Also I assume given many vintage BSA had aperture sights that they were allowed in the “original“ vintages matches?
    I find that a very strange question considering you started a thread on the 21st of last month concerning the very same subject?