Thread: Hi from a hot Somerset

Hi from a hot Somerset

Been pootling around here for a few weeks so thought I'd better do the decent thing an say hello.
    Have had a love of all things airgun since since 14 when my did bought me the ubiquitous Gat swiftly followed by a Gamo Apache. My first real gun was Vulcan bought from a shop in Hereford. I've had a succession of airguns over the years, none of which have initially cost me over £100. I tend to buy and do up. Was glad when Co2 came off ticket as I'm a fair weather shooter in the garden so my collection is half Co2 rifle and pistols with a smattering of older classic break barrels. Tam reckons that 13 rifles and 3 pistols are enough considering that the gun cabinet only has six cradles in it.
    Have two classics that are never going anywhere, one is an Fwb 300s which is on oddity as it has a true beech sporter stock and a trigger blade that is a single unit. I've redone the stock blonde and added grip caps, white spacers and mother of pearl inlay and reblued by Paul Chell. Lovely to shoot and managed to cut a playing card in half, edgeways.
    The other oddball is a Hammerli Junior rifle which is a fab co2er, light and accurate and has a gizmo on the back that releases remains gas when the pressure gets to a set low level. Still trying to find a set of original flip up diopters so at the moment has a red dot on it.

Anyhow, enough of my ramblings off to play with the Fwb......dom

hope your enjoying the forum bud