Thread: Hello from Birmingham

Hello from Birmingham

Hello everybody - just a quick introduction. I’ve recently bought a Crosman 2250B for a bit of target practice in the garden and now have got the bug. I’ve contacted my local rifle and gun club and due the pandemic, they will be opening up again and welcoming new visitors at the of August. That gives me time to plan!

I really want to use the rifle for target shooting, so am probably looking to get a HW 97 just to get used to picking up a rifle and shooting it, given that I’m a novice. Part of me wants to start with a springier and move to PCP in good time. On the other hand, I’m also wondering whether I should save the money I would pay for the HW 97 and put it towards a well regarded PCP, something like
    an S410/510, HW 100 or even something I love the look of, a Brocock Sniper XR.

So I’m excited and confused at the same time! Any advice would be welcome.
    Last edited by Cyrus Z; 19-08-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Welcome..

... to the wonderfully addictive world!

I don't know where you are in Brum but you could try Sandwell Field Sports as they have an up stairs range and usually a reasonable stock of sprinters and PCP. Also Brierley Guns but don't know if they have a try range.

Or, when times allow, join whatever club is local to you and politely ask members if you could have a couple of shots through their rifles.

Personally I would definitely start with a Springer.

sbd
    Pardon?

welcome to the forum bud

Thank you for your replies guys. I’m going to contact my local club at the end of August again and hopefully arrange a visit. I was planning on visiting Sandwell fields sports over the next few days as they have the HW 97 at a good price. Given they have a small shooting range upstairs, I’ll ask if I can try a few.