Thread: Flip up scope cover advice please

Flip up scope cover advice please

Hi guys.

I've decided to buy 2 flip up scope covers for my new Vortex scope and I have a question that I hope somebody can please answer for me. Basically, I've measured the scopes eyepiece to be 40mm and the front objective to be 50mm. So when I actually order the flip up covers, Is It best to order the exact measured size of 40mm & 50mm or should I order slightly less or more than what I measured? Say 1 mm smaller or larger. Without actually being able to try the fit before I buy, I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Maybe check with supplier what they recommend to fit you scope, if not familiar with yours, give them actual sizes

Vortex will be able to tell you - and their flip up covers are by far the best I have used

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    Hi guys.

I've decided to buy 2 flip up scope covers for my new Vortex scope and I have a question that I hope somebody can please answer for me. Basically, I've measured the scopes eyepiece to be 40mm and the front objective to be 50mm. So when I actually order the flip up covers, Is It best to order the exact measured size of 40mm & 50mm or should I order slightly less or more than what I measured? Say 1 mm smaller or larger. Without actually being able to try the fit before I buy, I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks
    I've got a Vortex 50mm you can have for £5 postage if you want it, horrible thing.

Thanks for all the replies and Info guys 👍
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

I really rate the vortex caps....its funny how one mans meat is another mans poison....

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    I really rate the vortex caps....its funny how one mans meat is another mans poison....
    Exactly, only flip-up covers I use now are the screw in metal ones as per Hawke & MTC.