Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Norfolk bash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight

The Norfolk bash

Unless anyone else would like to organise the next one, it will be 23rd to 25th October

This would be the last we do in 2020.

At the current time, we are still limited to 30 maximum. In reality we need a minimum of 20 to make it a viable event.

Same arrangements as before camping on the pub field and shooting in our garden.

The price will be £20 for the weekend and £10 per night for camping. Payment will be in advance for the bash and on arrival for the camping.

If anyone has any suggestions for improvements on the last one, please let me know.

Dave
    Last edited by Unframed Dave; 22-08-2020 at 06:41 AM.
    Smell my cheese

Boing.

Get you some of that, TonybloodyL.

image.jpeg

Yes please Dave. Two nights camping as well please. I can currently do either, but prefer the earlier for daylight hours. I'll send funds shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Boing.

Get you some of that, TonybloodyL.

image.jpeg

Hey Mick; hope you're okay; been missing you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    Sorted it.👍

[/img][IMG] [/IMG]
    BOING!!!

Hey Graham, if you don't mind making these available again, please, before the old thread is rested?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Pencil me in for a day of boingery therapy please, Dave.

Subject to Covid constraints / arms functioning, of course.

If Craigy doesn't manage to look in I'll see how he's fixed, too.

BOING!

I will be attending again at waveney we have an Halloween themed shoot where we carve faces in pumpkins with your rifle at 30yrds
    Waveneyshootingclub.org

I'd be up for those dates and i believe Terry would too. May have a little look at bed and breakfast as the weather could be pants but definitely up for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

A splash of colour.

Count me in plus one. Two nights camping.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

BOING!

Page 2?

Don't think so.

BOING!

A bit too close to the bottom of the page.

BOING!

The only drawback with commercial venues is the loss of personal touch and the relaxed atmosphere. Micks bash created a superb atmosphere which Dave and Verity complimented in style with their brilliant gathering. It is a huge amount of work which I’m more than happy to assist with wherever possible as are others, after all it is for us at the end of the day. Bring on the next gathering!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    The only drawback with commercial venues is the loss of personal touch and the relaxed atmosphere. Micks bash created a superb atmosphere which Dave and Verity complimented in style with their brilliant gathering. It is a huge amount of work which I’m more than happy to assist with wherever possible as are others, after all it is for us at the end of the day. Bring on the next gathering!!!!
    Mikey, I cannot disagree wth any of the above and yes, you're so, so right.......what Mick created for us is so, so special and unique.

And it is brilliant that good people like Trumpy Dave and your very good self are able and willing to arrive early and assist with the setting up etc. I am also aware that others offered their assistance also.

But I'm also aware of the look of the Bash field following the event. The amount of rubbish to be disposed of, things to be tidied away etc. I know Mick would very possibly deny this, but I often wonder if the pressure he put himself under to deliver such a wonderful event for us time after time may have contributed to his health deteriorating?

Money wise.....I realise that all us long-term Bash attendees (and possibly others, also) would also gladly pay a little more in the future to make sure that our hosts are, at the very least, not out of pocket following the staging of an event. To me, that would appear as a cruel smack across the chops and rubbing salt into the wounds. I've conversed with Dave and told him to keep the dosh that I sent for Craig and I as I want to contribute towards the cost even though we couldn't make it. But, as I say, for any future events held by our very own people, we should all be prepared to pay more and assist. We've enjoyed the very best fun imaginable for many years on the cheap now.

The Bash is here to stay now. Of that I'm sure. The Good People of Quigley Hollow will assure its future, whichever form The Bash follows.

Huge thanks once again to Mick, Shirl, Dave, Verity and all the good people whose dedication and hard graft has made The Bash the special and unique gathering that it is.

BOING!