Thread: The Norfolk bash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A quick and inconclusive test of the mini-carbine 2240 with the Hammers earlier. Will try the Crosman flat heads later, hopefully. Maybe a little cool for the CO2 to be totally happy today? The Hammers fed into the breech easier than the Hobbys. I'm guessing that the Crosmans will be a tighter fit and, henceforth, maybe better in the Mercury S when I get the chance to try them through that?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Managed a little bit of a further plink later in the afternoon once one of the kids' tutors had left......

The Crosman Wadcutters, surprisingly, were a looser fit in the G-Mac steel breech on the 2240 mini-carbine. They were slightly more accurate than the Hammers, though. Plenty of fliers with this little thing, though, due to the dimunitive dimensions, short barrel and slippery butt section (fnar, fnar.....). Pretty sure the cool conditions didn't help consistency with the CO2 today.

As light was fading I thought I'd grab the Mercury S and give it a quick go. Now, which pellets? Er, I grabbed the Excite Hammers. As I say, light was fading. The Mercury wears an old Nikko Gold Crown 4x40 that I bought off a certain Mr Tinbum at the very first Bash and, at 10 yards, the aiming dots were slightly blurred in the sight picture. I only had time to quickly rattle a couple of five shot groups off. Result? Two nice, tidy and small groups. The better of the two just slightly larger than a pellet. So, maybe 2mm c-t-c? All groups shot sat and forearm resting on thigh. With better light and more time, so more relaxed, I think we should be on for some genuine pellet sized holes. I think this 40 year old Boinger likes the Hammers and I'll look forward to testing at longer range once time and Covid allow......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hammery BOING!

Up we go.

BOING!

And a little springy backy uppy.

BOING!

A subdued up. Hadn't posted for a few days once I'd heard of Steve's passing and not feeling Boingy at the moment.

RIP Steve. You will be sorely missed.

Cheer up T it’s nearly that rabbit thing you do