Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
The only drawback with commercial venues is the loss of personal touch and the relaxed atmosphere. Micks bash created a superb atmosphere which Dave and Verity complimented in style with their brilliant gathering. It is a huge amount of work which I’m more than happy to assist with wherever possible as are others, after all it is for us at the end of the day. Bring on the next gathering!!!!
Mikey, I cannot disagree wth any of the above and yes, you're so, so right.......what Mick created for us is so, so special and unique.

And it is brilliant that good people like Trumpy Dave and your very good self are able and willing to arrive early and assist with the setting up etc. I am also aware that others offered their assistance also.

But I'm also aware of the look of the Bash field following the event. The amount of rubbish to be disposed of, things to be tidied away etc. I know Mick would very possibly deny this, but I often wonder if the pressure he put himself under to deliver such a wonderful event for us time after time may have contributed to his health deteriorating?

Money wise.....I realise that all us long-term Bash attendees (and possibly others, also) would also gladly pay a little more in the future to make sure that our hosts are, at the very least, not out of pocket following the staging of an event. To me, that would appear as a cruel smack across the chops and rubbing salt into the wounds. I've conversed with Dave and told him to keep the dosh that I sent for Craig and I as I want to contribute towards the cost even though we couldn't make it. But, as I say, for any future events held by our very own people, we should all be prepared to pay more and assist. We've enjoyed the very best fun imaginable for many years on the cheap now.

The Bash is here to stay now. Of that I'm sure. The Good People of Quigley Hollow will assure its future, whichever form The Bash follows.

Huge thanks once again to Mick, Shirl, Dave, Verity and all the good people whose dedication and hard graft has made The Bash the special and unique gathering that it is.

BOING!