Managed a little bit of a further plink later in the afternoon once one of the kids' tutors had left......

The Crosman Wadcutters, surprisingly, were a looser fit in the G-Mac steel breech on the 2240 mini-carbine. They were slightly more accurate than the Hammers, though. Plenty of fliers with this little thing, though, due to the dimunitive dimensions, short barrel and slippery butt section (fnar, fnar.....). Pretty sure the cool conditions didn't help consistency with the CO2 today.

As light was fading I thought I'd grab the Mercury S and give it a quick go. Now, which pellets? Er, I grabbed the Excite Hammers. As I say, light was fading. The Mercury wears an old Nikko Gold Crown 4x40 that I bought off a certain Mr Tinbum at the very first Bash and, at 10 yards, the aiming dots were slightly blurred in the sight picture. I only had time to quickly rattle a couple of five shot groups off. Result? Two nice, tidy and small groups. The better of the two just slightly larger than a pellet. So, maybe 2mm c-t-c? All groups shot sat and forearm resting on thigh. With better light and more time, so more relaxed, I think we should be on for some genuine pellet sized holes. I think this 40 year old Boinger likes the Hammers and I'll look forward to testing at longer range once time and Covid allow......