Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Norfolk bash

All's well that ends well, Wills. And what a stroke of luck with the trigger.

If you ever were to pluck up the courage to work on it again, I would have guessed that they wouldn't be too tricky to work on? I wonder if there is an "Idiot's Guide" in Collectables? Parts diagram on Chambers' site and bits from there and Protek?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And an appearance for our springy little friend on this page also.

How are we doing Boingypeeps?

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    All's well that ends well, Wills. And what a stroke of luck with the trigger.

If you ever were to pluck up the courage to work on it again, I would have guessed that they wouldn't be too tricky to work on? I wonder if there is an "Idiot's Guide" in Collectables? Parts diagram on Chambers' site and bits from there and Protek?
    In theory it all looks quite simple but I could not figure out how to remove the back block. I had the safety unbolted and the retaining pin which also retains the trigger was out but the block would only slide a small amount before getting wedged. Wasn't going to force/chisel it open so I just threw it back together. To be fair it's got a very distinctive and addictive aroma when fired so I'm not that bothered about not getting it apart. A guide kit would have been nice though.

Know what you mean with the lovely, distinctive aroma of an older boinger, Wills.....Tricky one, really.....to fettle or not to fettle???????

A quick and inconclusive test of the mini-carbine 2240 with the Hammers earlier. Will try the Crosman flat heads later, hopefully. Maybe a little cool for the CO2 to be totally happy today? The Hammers fed into the breech easier than the Hobbys. I'm guessing that the Crosmans will be a tighter fit and, henceforth, maybe better in the Mercury S when I get the chance to try them through that?

Managed a little bit of a further plink later in the afternoon once one of the kids' tutors had left......

The Crosman Wadcutters, surprisingly, were a looser fit in the G-Mac steel breech on the 2240 mini-carbine. They were slightly more accurate than the Hammers, though. Plenty of fliers with this little thing, though, due to the dimunitive dimensions, short barrel and slippery butt section (fnar, fnar.....). Pretty sure the cool conditions didn't help consistency with the CO2 today.

As light was fading I thought I'd grab the Mercury S and give it a quick go. Now, which pellets? Er, I grabbed the Excite Hammers. As I say, light was fading. The Mercury wears an old Nikko Gold Crown 4x40 that I bought off a certain Mr Tinbum at the very first Bash and, at 10 yards, the aiming dots were slightly blurred in the sight picture. I only had time to quickly rattle a couple of five shot groups off. Result? Two nice, tidy and small groups. The better of the two just slightly larger than a pellet. So, maybe 2mm c-t-c? All groups shot sat and forearm resting on thigh. With better light and more time, so more relaxed, I think we should be on for some genuine pellet sized holes. I think this 40 year old Boinger likes the Hammers and I'll look forward to testing at longer range once time and Covid allow......

Hammery BOING!

Up we go.

BOING!

And a little springy backy uppy.

BOING!

A subdued up. Hadn't posted for a few days once I'd heard of Steve's passing and not feeling Boingy at the moment.

RIP Steve. You will be sorely missed.

Cheer up T it’s nearly that rabbit thing you do

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Cheer up T it’s nearly that rabbit thing you do

image.jpg

Mmm, not sure, Gav; not feeling very rabbitty at the moment. Maybe delay until January.

Liking the new avatar, Uncle Mick.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Going by the length of that piece of paper in Mick's avatars hand, that's not the nice list
    Pete

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I'm making a break-barrel 'patriotic' SLR training rifle suitable for kids in the 1970s to practice the Cold War showdown.