Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Norfolk bash

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    why make a FWB300S when you can just buy one
    True !
    And it was Tonio who indirectly influenced me to buy my 300S and later SU !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    how about sleeved down to 22mm shorten the stroke, probably run at 6 fpe with a biro spring
    why make a FWB300S when you can just buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    True !
    And it was Tonio who indirectly influenced me to buy my 300S and later SU !
    Ooo-er, Nick. Yummy.

True, Jon. Still be a nice little project, though, and the 300 will get more and more scarce.

I resembles that, John.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And a little springy thing for this page, too.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

yup, 24...
    On a different note , I just did a 24mm set up for my TX ( more experimenting) as I had a comp tube I made a long time back, its got your shortened end cap Idea , when I first did it I had lightweight piston at 75mm stroke ran it like that for quite some time , though now after shooting your 80, I have a steel ( tx ) piston with an o ring nose at 82mm stroke with an hw 97 spring minus one coil, and it shoots a treat oh 3mm port at present.

Sounding lovely Mr G.

Finally collected my other gun cabinet and its contents from dad's yesterday.....Contents being a barely used 1992 HW77K in .22 (barely used as in about two shots), Venom tuned HW80 Mark 1 in .22 (my main rabbiting rifle for years) and Venom tuned HW80 Mark 2 in .177. Gave them a loving fondle and wipe over with the silicone cloth and looking lovely.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Nice one Tone. Some stunning rifles back in hand now matey. As you are on furlough you’ve just gotta get some more plinking time in. A nice ratting job would be the icing on the cake
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Absolutely Pauly and all my toys now here.

You're so right with the plinkies and, hopefully, a sesh should take place this afternoon. If that goes to pot it'll be Thursday. And you're so, so right with a rolanding perm'. Must get that sorted, especially as I have amassed a few purposely acquired ratters in recent years, most notably the extremely scruffy looking early Supersport which shoots extremely sweetly and accurately with .22 Hobby, my fave ratting pellet of old. In amongst the stuff I brought back from dad's was a stock for an early Supersport Custom. The "posher" one with higher cheek piece. But I'm loathe to fit it to the ratty 'Sport 'cos its knackered looks just seem to go hand in hand with its intended purpose.

How are you keeping my little cuddly friend? Well, I hope? Any plinkies / ratting for you of late? Now totally settled and sorted at home?

And I haven't forgotten about your package - just need to give myself a kick up the jacksee!!!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Absolutely Pauly and all my toys now here.

You're so right with the plinkies and, hopefully, a sesh should take place this afternoon. If that goes to pot it'll be Thursday. And you're so, so right with a rolanding perm'. Must get that sorted, especially as I have amassed a few purposely acquired ratters in recent years, most notably the extremely scruffy looking early Supersport which shoots extremely sweetly and accurately with .22 Hobby, my fave ratting pellet of old. In amongst the stuff I brought back from dad's was a stock for an early Supersport Custom. The "posher" one with higher cheek piece. But I'm loathe to fit it to the ratty 'Sport 'cos its knackered looks just seem to go hand in hand with its intended purpose.

How are you keeping my little cuddly friend? Well, I hope? Any plinkies / ratting for you of late? Now totally settled and sorted at home?

And I haven't forgotten about your package - just need to give myself a kick up the jacksee!!!
    Hope you got that plinking session in Tone. Yep, I get what you mean by leaving the Supersport ‘as is’ for a ratting gun. If you did manage to get a ratting perm, all you’d need is a nice Rat Bike/Trike to get there on
    I’m doing well thanks, still tinkering with house redecorations as and when I feel like it. I’ve built a nice Man Cave in the garage with work bench/work area and a chill out zone with a nice little sofa and a wood burner I picked up recently which I’ve now installed. Not doing much shooting at all - typical when I’ve got all the time in the world now . I do miss my old permission back in London sometimes but that’s about all I do miss about The Smoke !
    When you do kick yerself up the ‘arris, I’m still up for receiving ‘the package’
    Take care matey.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Hope you got that plinking session in Tone. Yep, I get what you mean by leaving the Supersport ‘as is’ for a ratting gun. If you did manage to get a ratting perm, all you’d need is a nice Rat Bike/Trike to get there on
    I’m doing well thanks, still tinkering with house redecorations as and when I feel like it. I’ve built a nice Man Cave in the garage with work bench/work area and a chill out zone with a nice little sofa and a wood burner I picked up recently which I’ve now installed. Not doing much shooting at all - typical when I’ve got all the time in the world now . I do miss my old permission back in London sometimes but that’s about all I do miss about The Smoke !
    When you do kick yerself up the ‘arris, I’m still up for receiving ‘the package’
    Take care matey.
    So lovely to hear you're still loving the new Chez Pauly, matey, and great to hear you're taking a relaxed view on the work. Man cave sounds awesome!

Yesterday's plinky plans got wiped out. No cause for alarm, 'cos it's been happening for years, but the various docs decided that yesterday would be the day for my 15 year old lad to go into hospital for observation for a few days. At this time! So next few days will be mainly taken up by travelling and visiting to Doncaster. We're not building our hopes too high re an outcome, matey, they've had early three years so far!

Plinkies temporarily postponed.

Boing

I noticed today that the portaloo firm I use have a reminder of the first Boinger Bash on their website :-

image.jpg

Its those 'Lockdown Blues' Tone..... I've got 'em too.

Its a 12-bar, like Re-enlistment Blues......

'Woke up this mornin'
    Can't go out to shoot'

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Not great news today, but the pub closed in November with the intention of staying that way until March. A combination of covid and lack of winter trade.

Not in itself an insurmountable problem, but the owners daughter now has had a horse and a pony on the camping field since the beginning of November.

For how long, I don't know. What the field will be like in April is anybodies guess but going on the last couple of weeks whilst it has been relatively dry, there's a strong chance that it will not be fit for camping.

Because of this, I would suggest that other venues are considered.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Its those 'Lockdown Blues' Tone..... I've got 'em too.

Its a 12-bar, like Re-enlistment Blues......

'Woke up this mornin'
    Can't go out to shoot'

ATB
    Gwyn
    Hey up Gwyn and I hope you're keeping well, sir.

My main issue has been shoehorning a session in amongst the domestic mayhem. And I was looking forward to a nice, quiet furlough period.....things may be clearer for opportunities for plinkies in a few days' time......hopefully.