Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Norfolk bash

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Not great news today, but the pub closed in November with the intention of staying that way until March. A combination of covid and lack of winter trade.

Not in itself an insurmountable problem, but the owners daughter now has had a horse and a pony on the camping field since the beginning of November.

For how long, I don't know. What the field will be like in April is anybodies guess but going on the last couple of weeks whilst it has been relatively dry, there's a strong chance that it will not be fit for camping.

Because of this, I would suggest that other venues are considered.

Dave
    Plenty of time to go, Dave, and who knows where we'll be with the Covid thing if all the tossers carry on misbehaving? Things may have opened up a fair bit by Spring Bash Time.....but then again??

Keep safe all.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I noticed today that the portaloo firm I use have a reminder of the first Boinger Bash on their website :-

Attachment 308621
    So who put the .177 stickers on the girly loo, then?

Guessing it would have been The Tinster?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And a little springy thing for this page.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Our Craigy-P has a beautifully sorted 77 on diopter sights that he's posted pictures of in the past. Wonder if he spots this.
    This one, been shooting it today as it goes. I couldn’t make much out in the gloom though, might bolt an NV weaponsight to it...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Luvverly!

I made a brief passing comment a few weeks ago about the rising price of pellets. Especially .22 for plinking......

I've been keeping my eye on two particular pellets from our sponsors for a while, mainly to try in the Ratties down the garden. One was the Crosman wadcutter. The other had been out of stock for ages. Now in.....H&N Excite Hammer. So I ordered 500 of each last night and will look forward to giving them a try.

I have high hopes for the H&Ns.....will let you know how they go.

I made a brief passing comment a few weeks ago about the rising price of pellets. Especially .22 for plinking......

I've been keeping my eye on two particular pellets from our sponsors for a while, mainly to try in the Ratties down the garden. One was the Crosman wadcutter. The other had been out of stock for ages. Now in.....H&N Excite Hammer. So I ordered 500 of each last night and will look forward to giving them a try.

I have high hopes for the H&Ns.....will let you know how they go.
    Be interested in your thoughts Tone
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I will report back, Martyn.

Especially when using my Ratties and the oh-so-pellet fussy Mercury S down the garden at short range, shelling out around the tenner a tin mark for most quality pellets seemed a bit OTT. When I tried some Marksman pellets a while ago they didn't seem that clever. I'd seen the H&N Excites launched quite a while ago and have fancied giving them a go for a while. And whilst I was on our sponsor's site and seeing his low price on the Crosman flat heads, I thought they'd be worth a go too. Both are coming in at around £6.50 for 500 (the Excites come in tins of 250), so they're "quality branded" at budget money.

Now, all I'll need once they arrive is a few days of calm and order and get-a-plinking.

I will report back, Martyn.

Especially when using my Ratties and the oh-so-pellet fussy Mercury S down the garden at short range, shelling out around the tenner a tin mark for most quality pellets seemed a bit OTT. When I tried some Marksman pellets a while ago they didn't seem that clever. I'd seen the H&N Excites launched quite a while ago and have fancied giving them a go for a while. And whilst I was on our sponsor's site and seeing his low price on the Crosman flat heads, I thought they'd be worth a go too. Both are coming in at around £6.50 for 500 (the Excites come in tins of 250), so they're "quality branded" at budget money.

Now, all I'll need once they arrive is a few days of calm and order and get-a-plinking.
    I've got quite a few Crossman Accupell in .22s and loads in .20 I bought in the 90's
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I've got quite a few Crossman Accupell in .22s and loads in .20 I bought in the 90's
    I have never tried those packaged as Crosman Accupell in .22 (and certainly never tried the .20), but I tried a few boxed .22 Premiers that chippendale brought along to an indoor range once. I only had HWs with me and those Crosmans were very, very tight and I'd guess, would rob a lot of power.

I did get a tin of Webley Accupell a few years ago. I can't honestly remember which, if any, rifles I tried them in but I can remember just blasting them through one of my Ratties to use them up.

Some boxed 7.9 grain Premiers that the lovely Joffy once gave me performed wonderfully, though.

I wonder if those .22 Premiers that were so tight in the HW barrels might perform in an earlier BSA barrel? Also, if the wadcutters are the same size? They might suit that fussy Mercury S of mine, you never know.......

If I manage to get to the next Bash, I will be bringing this old girl and a tin of AA field, the only pellet a man needs. Comes with service history too.

Now that’s a beauty
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

I have never tried those packaged as Crosman Accupell in .22 (and certainly never tried the .20), but I tried a few boxed .22 Premiers that chippendale brought along to an indoor range once. I only had HWs with me and those Crosmans were very, very tight and I'd guess, would rob a lot of power.

I did get a tin of Webley Accupell a few years ago. I can't honestly remember which, if any, rifles I tried them in but I can remember just blasting them through one of my Ratties to use them up.

Some boxed 7.9 grain Premiers that the lovely Joffy once gave me performed wonderfully, though.

I wonder if those .22 Premiers that were so tight in the HW barrels might perform in an earlier BSA barrel? Also, if the wadcutters are the same size? They might suit that fussy Mercury S of mine, you never know.......
    If you would like a few .22 Accupell to try, let me know Tone and I can get some in a small box for you

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    If I manage to get to the next Bash, I will be bringing this old girl and a tin of AA field, the only pellet a man needs. Comes with service history too.
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Now that’s a beauty
    It most certainly is a beauty and I'd very much look forward to seeing her when we can all meet again.

Awww, thank you for that, Martyn. Very generous.

However, I'll decline your fine offer for now; no offence :- The Mercury is, indeed, most fussy. It does shoot well with Superdome, though. And, as for the Rattles. Well, rather than chucking loads of money at them, I think it's better for me to just accept them for what they are. They can be accurate, but the chuck the odd flier. May be crowning issues. May be pellet compatibility. Don't really know. But, at the moment, they only get used for informal paper target shooting down the garden, so they'll be okay. The mini-carbined one might, theoretically, get used for close range ratting one day, as it'll still group within a 1/2" circle easily at ten yards if I get it right. As I say, just the odd flier to wreck a group, just not an out and out tack driver like my 1377 carbine. But then my scruffy old Supersport will quite happily send Hobby after Hobby down the same hole at medium range anyway and would, most likely, be the one to get used.

I just wanted some cheaper pellets to use in these guns and those that I've ordered are certainly that. If they perform well, that would be a very nice bonus.

Thanks again and I'll report back with the findings.