Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Norfolk bash

I've used the excite hammer in.177 in my CP1 air pistol. They were really good at 10m for target pistol level accuracy so there is a reasonable chance they will be okay for rifles. Not sure about .22 but the .177 are made as well as other H&N pellets.

Encouraging news; thank you.

Hope you're keeping well.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And here's a little springy thing for this page.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And here's a little springy thing for this page.

BOING!
    When us the next one of these things?

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I was planning one for April, but see my last post around page 11.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

With the Covid situation being so serious and rampant, maybe too early to even consider what happens and where and when for the time being, Al? We can all keep in touch on here and plan accordingly when the time is right.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    With the Covid situation being so serious and rampant, maybe too early to even consider what happens and where and when for the time being, Al? We can all keep in touch on here and plan accordingly when the time is right.
    Apart from all the sickness and death and hardship and everyday misery, this virus really has done a fine job of taking a massive dump on anything that is simple gratuitous fun.

Oh well.

I've just got a new photographic lamp (actually a big garage lamp from Clarkes) for my foray into journalism - 'Sows' Ears' a journey through my springer collection.

I haven't done any of it yet but I am getting there.

First off, Scotland's finest air-rifle, the Milbro Diana Series 70 Model 71 courtesy of Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    This one, been shooting it today as it goes. I couldn’t make much out in the gloom though, might bolt an NV weaponsight to it...
    That is one heroic springer.

Apart from all the sickness and death and hardship and everyday misery, this virus really has done a fine job of taking a massive dump on anything that is simple gratuitous fun.

Oh well.

I've just got a new photographic lamp (actually a big garage lamp from Clarkes) for my foray into journalism - 'Sows' Ears' a journey through my springer collection.

I haven't done any of it yet but I am getting there.

First off, Scotland's finest air-rifle, the Milbro Diana Series 70 Model 71 courtesy of Guy.
    I don't have much experience of those Scottish Dianas other than......

Back in the day my friend bought a G80 and we gave it an old school Dri-Slide tune. It was a nice little thing.
    One of the local sports shops stocked them and also the Relum airguns together with Milbro and Marksman pellets. The town's large Co-Op store also stocked the Milbro Dianas.
    One or two of the Boingerpeeps have occasionally brought them along to The Bash too.

Have never seen a 71 but I like my 79

I don't have much experience of those Scottish Dianas other than......

Back in the day my friend bought a G80 and we gave it an old school Dri-Slide tune. It was a nice little thing.
    One of the local sports shops stocked them and also the Relum airguns together with Milbro and Marksman pellets. The town's large Co-Op store also stocked the Milbro Dianas.
    One or two of the Boingerpeeps have occasionally brought them along to The Bash too.
    The Series 70 Model 71 is a rifle that no-one seems to know much about.

It's very much a delux sort of a thing, if you can use that word in association with Milbro Diana. It has a barrel weight sleeve, a screw-cut muzzle for a moderator and a stock that seems to be set up for early FT, with a very deep fore-end and a very high comb, so its easy to use a scope. Weird thing is it came out ten years before FT even started and they didn't bother advertising it ... sort of the BSF S80 of Scotland.

Cheers for the information, sir.
    I've just "Googled" the Model 71 up and now feel suitably enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Have never seen a 71 but I like my 79
    Hi Wills. Yes, that one of yours is one I remember seeing / trying at a Bash. Seem to remember it holding sentimental value as it was your dad's?

Mini-Boing!

Hi Wills. Yes, that one of yours is one I remember seeing / trying at a Bash. Seem to remember it holding sentimental value as it was your dad's?
    Yes that's right. Well, I remember my dad used to shoot it anyway. According to my mum, one of the three boingers we had actually belonged to my uncle (her brother) but I'm not sure which one. After attending a couple of bashes and learning a bit about getting guns apart I decided it might be nice to open up the Milbro and give it a mini service. Failing to actually get it apart I started reassembly and broke the trigger at the pivot Virtually impossible to get parts but I asked a colleague on the offchance (fully expecting it to be a dead end) as he has boxes and boxes of 'junk'. One day when I arrived at work he walked up and shoved a trigger into my hand saying "Not sure if this is any good but try it and see". Unbelievably it was correct and I've not attempted to take it apart since