Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wamadet loading press instructions, anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    There is also this info here
    http://www.dave-cushman.net/shot/wamadetleaflet.html

ATB
    James
    Read your email.

t

tac,,,,
    can you post a pic of the shell holder area please.
    they is one on the auction site and the shell holder area as been machined.....not familiar with the wamadet press only know that the dies move instead of case etc.
    do they use normal shell holders ?

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    tac,,,,can you post a pic of the shell holder area please.they is one on the auction site and the shell holder area as been machined.....not familiar with the wamadet press only know that the dies move instead of case etc.do they use normal shell holders ?
    Yes. So it seems.

See your email.

Some pics of some gadgets for the two Wamadet press's . The lube/ sized works very well by injecting thick lube into the lube groves with pressure. Each bullet takes two pulls on the handle to size and lube then eject the bullet. When John first tried making lube he fastened a ten gallon drum of some very thick grease to a hydraulick press attached to a half inch nozzle. We ended up with around a hundred yards of this stuff squirting around the workshop before he managed to hit the off switch!

The spiggot posts are for ramming parallel cases (9mm and 45acp etc) or lead bullets through a sizing die or for priming cases using a rounded top mounted fitment to seat the primer. Quite fiddly but very accurate primer seating. He made a better top mounted primer which is also pictured.
    Last edited by DesG; 11-09-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

in the last pic with the upside down cases on......whats that about lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    I have used a Wamadet Press for years as my only reloading Press. So easy to set at the dining table and use it there, thus still being part of the family, instead of locking yourself away in your man cave for hours. Some people claim you can use it on your knee, but I reckon they are way too heavy for that. Still I have loaded many Thousands on .30-06 and .243 rounds with mine, not to mention .357, 9mm, and .38's when we had pistolas. Don't reckon you would ever wear one out.

lakey
    John made two versions- the Portapress which is the one on the wooden plate and designed for table or bench use, and the Primaline, which is essentially a steel tube with a ram in it. Pics on my post below. The primaline (I bought mine off John at Bisley in 1978!) is the one which can be fitted to a bench or used on your knee. Lee made a copy of it a few years later.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi