Thread: BSA R10 Buddy bottle

BSA R10 Buddy bottle

Hi all,
    The buddy bottle on my mates R10 won’t hold any air after taking it off the gun.
    I’m assuming the valve is knackered or blown a seal?
    Trouble is I cannot undo it as it’s too tight! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

You could try soft jaws on a vice to hold the bottle,
    It might make it easier. Good luck with it, Martin

thats the way i done mine with a cloth around it so as not to damage it

Tried that and it won’t budge!
    It’s not a left hand thread is it?

Quote Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
    Tried that and it wonÂ’t budge!
    ItÂ’s not a left hand thread is it?
    I can't honestly remember mate, I wouldn't of thought so.
    If it's empty and you can't get a peep out of it, it might be best getting professional advice.

I wouldn't want to suggest anything dangerous, like putting a bar on the spanner and pushing it with your foot....

Hope you get it sorted Martin

Try heating it up with boiling water from a kettle on the neck of the buddy bottle, I did this once and it seemed to work.

And it’s definitely a standard thread
    Last edited by RebornAirgunner; 29-08-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RebornAirgunner View Post
    Try heating it up with boiling water from a kettle on the neck of the buddy bottle, I did this once and it seemed to work.

And it’s definitely a standard thread
    +1 as they are loctitited as well you’ll need to heat up the calve thread area to break the seal and should then be able to unscrew it.

Thanks guys, I’ll give it a try

I spoke to John Bowkett about this and he said Loctite is not used and iif heat is applied the valve internals will be destroyed. He mentioned if you care to send it to him he will recut the seat and alter the valve back to his original spec. for postage costs if you ring him on 0121 745 4287. Leave your name andnumber in his voicemail and he WILL return the call.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I spoke to John Bowkett about this and he said Loctite is not used and iif heat is applied the valve internals will be destroyed. He mentioned if you care to send it to him he will recut the seat and alter the valve back to his original spec. for postage costs if you ring him on 0121 745 4287. Leave your name andnumber in his voicemail and he WILL return the call.
    John is definitely the man
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Is it definitely a bottle with a valve? some of the early mk2 R10 bottles dont have one mine doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Thanks for that, much appreciated 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky-Ricky View Post
    Is it definitely a bottle with a valve? some of the early mk2 R10 bottles dont have one mine doesn't.
    I’m not sure.
    I can’t get the air to stay in the bottle whether it’s attached to the riffle or even if I take it off and fill it directly 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
    I’m not sure.
    I can’t get the air to stay in the bottle whether it’s attached to the riffle or even if I take it off and fill it directly 🤔
    If you have attempted to fill off the gun then it will definitely be a valved bottle, when you say it wont fill on the gun what are the symptoms? i found that if it been removed and s empty unless you give it a good first blast of air it just leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky-Ricky View Post
    If you have attempted to fill off the gun then it will definitely be a valved bottle, when you say it wont fill on the gun what are the symptoms? i found that if it been removed and s empty unless you give it a good first blast of air it just leaks.
    Exactly that mate.
    I didn’t want to give it a good blast so I’ve been doing it slowly do perhaps I’ll try that. Thanks